Notarization Question

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

Texas here. Had a parent try to drop off a reason of conscience form for immunizations, but my registrar denied it because one of the dates was written over. It said 2017 and someone wrote 2018. I tried to explain the mother but she was arguing with me, stating she doesn't have enough to pay for another one. I suggested her grandmother sent an email that stated the error, but let me ask to see if that's acceptable. I asked my new AP and she basically told me that we shouldn't accept it and the mother needs to get a new one. She said she can back me up too, but I need to find something law-wise that explains this. Can you guys help me find it? I tried to google, but I couldn't find anything on errors.

We don't have those in IL so I don't think I can help. But I'm wondering why there is a cost? How much is it?

We don't have those in IL so I don't think I can help. But I'm wondering why there is a cost? How much is it?

I'm honestly not sure. I never had to do this because I immunize my children, but for notarization for anything usually is a price.

I'm honestly not sure. I never had to do this because I immunize my children, but for notarization for anything usually is a price.

I have had things notarized at no cost.

I have had things notarized at no cost.

I'm looking at the website and it doesn't say about paying. I'm honestly not sure and if this is true, then this parent has legit no excuse to get another one.

I've never had a notary charge me before. The reasons of conscience form is free - anyone can download one. It's the signatures - if the doc has to sign off on it, some doctors offices will charge a flat fee for paperwork outside of an appointment.

I've never had a notary charge me before. The reasons of conscience form is free - anyone can download one. It's the signatures - if the doc has to sign off on it, some doctors offices will charge a flat fee for paperwork outside of an appointment.

I would hope that if the doctor's office indeed made a date error, she should be able to go back and have them fix their error, free of charge. Maybe Amethya can call the MD office to verify and ask them to change the date.

I would hope that if the doctor's office indeed made a date error, she should be able to go back and have them fix their error, free of charge. Maybe Amethya can call the MD office to verify and ask them to change the date.

Sadly it wasn't, it was the grandmother who did it.

But how do they change the date? Make a new one?

Oh, I was assuming the MD wrote 2017 by accident. Maybe they will take pity on her and do a new one anyway...

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

The MD has nothing to do with this document. Parent signs it in front of a notary; school keeps the original document. It's good for two years and another one must be submitted. If the date filled in on the notary stamp is correct you're ok. That's the date the 2 year clock starts ticking on. If the Notary stamp date has been changed it isn't valid.

The MD has nothing to do with this document. Parent signs it in front of a notary; school keeps the original document. It's good for two years and another one must be submitted. If the date filled in on the notary stamp is correct you're ok. That's the date the 2 year clock starts ticking on. If the Notary stamp date has been changed it isn't valid.

It's more of the date that is written on the part that says "Sworn to before me by the said affiant, this *blank date*". She crossed out the 17 and put 18 and the stamp was unreadable.

I already spoke with mom and she basically said she will re do it again, since they have time between the 30 days once school starts. it's only two weeks wait for a new one and the child is provisional for at least a while.

She was pleasant and we had a good agreement and conversation.

+ Add a Comment