Trying NCLEX RN once again after 8 years :-/ I re gained motivation, but lots of changes

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

I earned my BSN in 2011 and due to personal issues and failing nclex rn a lot I lost my motivation. Last time I took the exam was in 2013. Now, after 8 yrs from graduation, I feel like I want to continue what I started. Just one more step to become a nurse and this horrible nclex. shouldn't be a barrier. I'm trying to stay positive. Since I've been out of nursing for awhile, many things have changed. Some people say read Saunders and then do uworld/kaplan. Other people say studying isn't the best route, because it's all about critical thinking and most of the things are still in your head, it's all about answering questions and questions plus reading rationales because the exam is computer based and not book based.

So, I'm not sure which one is best or not. What do you think? What will be the best way to review and do this again?

Are you still in Texas? I believe they have a four year limit, even when applying by endorsement.

I live in Texas but I'm register with Pennsylvania Board of Nursing which is unlimited. I can endorse in TX and take a remedial once I pass. That's what they said.

Are you still in Texas? I believe they have a four year limit, even when applying by endorsement.

I live in Texas but I'm register with Pennsylvania Board of Nursing which is unlimited. I can endorse in TX and take a remedial once I pass. That's what they said.

Well, that's not a bad deal.

Could you maybe take the course before you test since you have to take it anyway? If you've already failed NCLEX "a lot", maybe that's not a bad idea?

Honestly, if you couldn't pass it years ago, when you graduated and everything was fresh, odds of you passing now are not good. I too recommend taking the refresher course prior to attempting.

I would do questions, questions, questions!! Read and go over rationales. Correct and incorrect! Studying will help, but applying what you know and thinking critically is more important

+ Add a Comment