Anyone had issues with background check for RN?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

So I'm becoming worried about getting my RN license. I took my lpn board about 6 months ago and got my license( i was on the registry within 3 days of taking my boards. I just took my RN nclex on July 2nd and my license still says pending.

So i called the Nebraska BON and they said my background checks still processing. I had this ran about 6-7 weeks ago.

The lady at the BON office said she'd call to find out what's going on with it. She never called back to update me on her findings. A couple classmates took their exam July 12th and are already listed on the registry. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Specializes in CCU, SICU, CVSICU, Precepting & Teaching.
So I'm becoming worried about getting my RN license. I took my lpn board about 6 months ago and got my license( i was on the registry within 3 days of taking my boards. I just took my RN nclex on July 2nd and my license still says pending.

So i called the Nebraska BON and they said my background checks still processing. I had this ran about 6-7 weeks ago.

The lady at the BON office said she'd call to find out what's going on with it. She never called back to update me on her findings. A couple classmates took their exam July 12th and are already listed on the registry. Has anyone experienced this issue?

There are a number of reasons for background checks to take longer for you than for your classmates. One may be that someone with a name similar to yours has felonies. Perhaps your fingerprints were smudged, or they weren't done digitally and it's taking longer. I applied for licenses in two states and the less populous state took twice as long to process the background check. It happens. Hang in there!

+ Add a Comment