Passed nclex in 75 q 2018

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

I wanted to post on here about my experience studying for the NCLEX and passing! I scheduled my test for July 6 and took about a month and a half to study. However, I really didn't start to crack down on myself till about a month before. I used Kaplan and took at least one 75 question qbank a day and read over the rationales right after. I did not use any other study tools besides a few quizlets for lab values and such. I also did not read my kaplan book at all, just went over rationales for questions.

My average on qbank was a 56% and I took the NCLEX with 200 question left in my qbank. I did everything else in the study plan, excluding the diagnostic test and trainers 1-3. For my readiness test I chose to do it a week before to give me some buffer time and I scored a 69%. Personally I found that the readiness test was much more like the real NCLEX than the qbank.

Fast forward, I took the NCLEX on a Friday, it stopped right at 75. I didn't see my name posted to Breeze till tonight (Monday night) at 11:52pm. It's been a crazy ride! I felt like I should post my experience here because I searched forums for someone in my same position and I couldn't find much. My biggest word of advice is to relax before the test and keep your mind clear before/while taking it. I stressed out big time and it was totally unnecessary! Good luck to everyone out there taking it this year :)

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.

Moved to the NCLEX forum

Congratulations

Congrats! Did the materials from quizlet helped? Do you mind sharing?

I wanted to post on here about my experience studying for the NCLEX and passing! I scheduled my test for July 6 and took about a month and a half to study. However, I really didn't start to crack down on myself till about a month before. I used Kaplan and took at least one 75 question qbank a day and read over the rationales right after. I did not use any other study tools besides a few quizlets for lab values and such. I also did not read my kaplan book at all, just went over rationales for questions.

My average on qbank was a 56% and I took the NCLEX with 200 question left in my qbank. I did everything else in the study plan, excluding the diagnostic test and trainers 1-3. For my readiness test I chose to do it a week before to give me some buffer time and I scored a 69%. Personally I found that the readiness test was much more like the real NCLEX than the qbank.

Fast forward, I took the NCLEX on a Friday, it stopped right at 75. I didn't see my name posted to Breeze till tonight (Monday night) at 11:52pm. It's been a crazy ride! I felt like I should post my experience here because I searched forums for someone in my same position and I couldn't find much. My biggest word of advice is to relax before the test and keep your mind clear before/while taking it. I stressed out big time and it was totally unnecessary! Good luck to everyone out there taking it this year :)

hello, did you do the PVT? i took mine on the 9th and got the good pop up, still waiting on my results. Im constantly checking my Breeze account.

+ Add a Comment