Recent AGACNP test takers?

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

Specializes in Critical Care.

Anyone recently take the agacnp certification exam? Just looking for some helpful (current) tips. I am reviewing Barkley and sit for the exam soon.

Specializes in Critical Care and ED.

I'm following this with interest. It seems there is a plethora of study material available for FNPs but almost nothing for AGACNPs.

I'm following this with interest. It seems there is a plethora of study material available for FNPs but almost nothing for AGACNPs.

There are some useful facebook groups with study guides. Very very helpful

also interested, I'm taking aacn soon, what made you choose barkleys over fitzgerald?

I passed the ANCC's AGACNP exam last Saturday (hooray!!), and I did the Barkley live review course. I can't recommend it enough. I also purchased the CDs a few months ago and have been listening to them whenever I was in my car. I did all the DRTs offered by Barkley, as well as the review questions you can purchase on the ANCC. I think Barkley's was slightly harder than the actual test questions, and the practice questions from the ANA were slightly easier but more in-line to how the questions are written. I was very prepared for my exam using these two resources.

Another book I found helpful was Leik's Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review. While it is geared more towards FNP, there is enough acute care information to make it worthwhile, plus it was only $30. I think there is a new version that is $50? There's over 600 practice questions, and it's a very good but brief pathophys/first line treatment review.

Good luck!

I passed the ANCC's AGACNP exam last Saturday (hooray!!), and I did the Barkley live review course. I can't recommend it enough. I also purchased the CDs a few months ago and have been listening to them whenever I was in my car. I did all the DRTs offered by Barkley, as well as the review questions you can purchase on the ANCC. I think Barkley's was slightly harder than the actual test questions, and the practice questions from the ANA were slightly easier but more in-line to how the questions are written. I was very prepared for my exam using these two resources.

Another book I found helpful was Leik's Adult-Gero Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review. While it is geared more towards FNP, there is enough acute care information to make it worthwhile, plus it was only $30. I think there is a new version that is $50? There's over 600 practice questions, and it's a very good but brief pathophys/first line treatment review.

Good luck!

Congratulations, with the DRTs what percentages were you getting?

Congratulations, with the DRTs what percentages were you getting?

I was getting mid 70's to mid 80's on the DRTs.

Just update whoever is following.

Passed the ANCC Adult Gero Acute Care exam today. Barkley/Liek were my resources. I did attend the live review with barkley and utilized Liek only for additional test questions. DRTs prior to taking the exam were >80%.

+ Add a Comment