New Jersey endorsement. Foreign graduate (Bachelors) but had Masters in the US

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I am a registered nurse here in Florida for 10 years. I took my Bachelors in the Philippines (2006) and had my Masters in Nursing here in the US (2015). I applied for endorsement in New Jersey but they require me to do a U.S. Credential evaluation service. course by course review through CGFNS. I did my evaluation of my Bachelors to Josef Silny and when I went for my master I did it through Educational Perspectives. Here are my questions:

1. Why do I still need to be evaluated since my highest degree was done here in the US. I would not be accepted in MSN program if I did not go for another evaluation, course by course review.

2. Can I use Josef Silny or Educational Perspectives instead of CGFNS?

3. In CGFNS, do I still have to do TOEFL or IELTS?

Thank you.

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

You do EXACTLY what the BON tells you to do- they hold ALL of the cards here.

In any US state, RN licensure has nothing to do with your "highest degree." It has to do with your original pre-licensure nursing program that you completed to be eligible for RN licensure, and different states have different standards and requirements. Most states have additional requirements for licensure, even by endorsement, for internationally educated students, even if you've been here for years and even if you've completed additional degrees (since the higher degrees in nursing have nothing to do with your basic nursing knowledge and skills). If you want to be licensed in NJ, you will need to meet their requirements. Best wishes!

The state of NJ is just terrible with any kind of applications. Just jump through their specific hoops and then be prepared to wait up to 12 weeks for your license to go through. Keep names and numbers and any confirmation numbers exchanged with them.

+ Add a Comment