Should i Summer study for Fall Rn program?

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

Hello, i am a mother of 3 and plan to work part time while in my nursing program at my local community college. I am a CCMA now and would love to deeping my understanding of nursing and get some basics down before i start this fall. So this summer i am thinking about joining Nrnsg.com which is $49 monthly for 9 months. Going over 4 core classes pharmacology, pathophysiology, med surg and fundamentals. I just want to get the basic understanding down till i start and get fully in depth. Or i was thinking about joining Audible for $15 monthly and just Getting Vangonotes once a month till fall on the aforementioned subjects. I guess i am asking Which one would you guys recommend? Which would you choose if either? Money is tight but want to get a jump start so i don't get too overwhelmed down the road. Any advice is apprenticed!

Honestly? None of the above.

I've never been a fan of the subscription services because the same info can be found in many other places for free.

If you want materials to go over, you can always try the "Made incredibly easy" series. They're usually pretty cheap if you snag used copies, but the information can be bolstered with free youtube videos.

Doing too much now might overwhelm you, or even make you more confused later. I'd strongly suggest brushing up on your A&P though - if you don't have an A&P textbook then Openstax.org offers a free A&P textbook that's really awesome~

There's a couple of fantastic youtube channels out there - I've been watching a lot of RegisteredNurseRN's stuff and she's pretty knowledgeable. Lots of folks rave about Nurse Mendoza too. There's a wealth of information out there that isn't going to cost you a dime - save your cash since nursing school supplies can get spendy!!

Good luck! :)

I agree, RegisteredNurseRN, on YouTube is the best. She helped me battle calculations amongst other subjects and I haven't yet started classes.

I also signed up with NRSNG, and I love it! I'm 3 months into it and I definitely have benefited with going over fundamentals, pharmacology, MedSurg, etc

Yes, it all can be found on YouTube or other sources but sometimes you have to search, and then it's not enough in detail.

I'd so go for it, if you don't like it, cancel but I see it beneficial because I'm doing questions even now to get the hang of it all.

+ Add a Comment