Shared Leadership staff communication

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I am a co-chair of our unit's Shared Leadership committee which is just starting to be revitalized again. We want to be able to communicate with our staff easily and for the staff to be able to present ideas and projects in an electronic format that all can see and easily be shared. I am wondering what other SLC do concerning staff communication and involvement and communication. We have found in the past that it is very difficult for staff to attend sit-down meetings since schedules on our unit vary so much. I was thinking of the potential of having a blog and somehow communicating projects and accomplishments through a folder that everyone can easily access. We have folders within the company but they are difficult to access and I fear that this may be a deterrant to SLC participation. Website? Blog? other means of communication?

I appreciate any input you are willing to share with me.

Thank you!

Specializes in Public Health, TB.

I think a blog sounds nice as long as it can be maintained.

I recommend more than one form of communication, though. Some people prefer email, other blogs, some like to read bulletin board posts, and still others want it face to face.

Thank you for your advice. More than 1 way of communication may enhance involvement in SLC.

+ Add a Comment