Tips and advice for brand new nurse in SNF

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hi all!

So I just accepted an lpn position at the SNF where I work as a CNA. I will be doing general orientation this week and training with nurses next week.

I would like to ask some questions during training but I'm sure I'll forget since I'll be taking in a lot of information at the time, so what are some good questions to ask? what things should I need to know?

This is my first job as an lpn since I graduated nursing school 2 years ago, so I feel kinda rusty and information is not fresh in my brain anymore 😢 can you guys give me some advice and/or tips please!

I'm excited but nervous because I feel i forgot everything. Everything will be ok, right?

Not to be hasty, I did read your other posts. I think you should do some career counseling. Being a nurse means critical thinking, taking responsibility and being held accountable. Based solely on your words I do not think you are mature enough yet. There are other medical jobs with less responsibility, maybe phlebotomist or PT tech. I wish you well.

+ Add a Comment