Something is going on in the facility

Nursing Students CNA/MA

Published

I am a brand new CNA, who plans to go to nursing school starting this fall. I currently have two jobs. The primary job is working full time in a LTC facility doing housekeeping (where I got my start and how I became interested in a nursing career) and the other job is a part time CNA in a different LTC facility. I started the part time CNA job less than two months ago. Its still not easy being the newbie. Recently there has been an incident at the part time job facility relating to resident abuse. Not 100% sure what kind of abuse, but I have a pretty good idea. I get a call from HR a week after the alleged incident, the HR asked if I performed cares for so and so. I said no. As far as I know the resident is independent and I've had very little interaction with said resident. Not sure if HR called anybody else, but the call was weird to me and I have felt weird about it ever since. Went to work tonight and all seemed normal. Nobody treated me differently. I guess my question is, What if they end up pointing the finger at me because I'm the newbie? It seems like its always easier to blame the newbie. Everyone else has seem to known each other for years. I know that I have done nothing wrong, but I'm scared to death of being falsely accused and losing everything I'm working toward. I've had zero problems at my primary job. Am I overreacting? I have no one else to talk to about this who would understand, so any advice is appreciated.

The same thing happened to me, and I was also freaked out at first. What you've got to realize, is the whole thing is protocol. They have to call and document our statements, or else they could get in trouble for not investigating the situation. Don't worry, if you didn't do anything, nothing will happen

Specializes in Long term care.

The facility is required to call everyone who has contact with that resident. You are not suppose to talk about the incident and your interview with anyone but upper management.

So, yes, I'd say you may be over reacting just a bit. If there were any accusations made against you, they would have told you in the interview.

Being called in for an interview regarding resident care is just part of the job unfortunately. This won't be the last time you will experience this, I promise. Just do your job the way you're required to and you will be fine.

+ Add a Comment