Anyone else still waiting for scroll?

Specialties Government

Published

I was selected during the Oct '17 board & am still waiting for scroll to process me. Anyone else still waiting?

Cleared for Commissioning!

Have you received your orders and school date yet?

Specializes in TNS, ECRN, CEN, TNCC.
Have you received your orders and school date yet?

Not yet, I'm doing the Oath of Office tomorrow. I heard from my recruiter that the delay this year is because this one guy who essentially takes care of all the AMEDD officers retired and left a mountain of stuff for the incoming replacement. So that may be why everyone was so delayed this year in particular.

Anyone else still waiting for their scroll or is it just me? :'(

It's not just you! I'm in the same boat. I was selected in February, but at this point I feel like it was a scam and I wasn't even selected haha. About a month and a half a go, my recruiter had said that only 7/30 people the FY have actually commissioned. He had also told me that he thought one part of my scroll was complete, but who knows. Like I said, that was a while back. I was hoping to make the September DCC but I highly doubt that will happen.

Whew. I'm not alone! I got accepted a month after you but my scroll got submitted earlier. I am also hoping to get into the September class. Judging from the people in this thread, there seems to be about an average of 5 - 6 month wait? Hopefully we see something this month or next. My recruiter doesn't really have a lot of info for me so it kinda feels discouraging.

What did you mean by one part of the scroll? Like where it is during stage of approval?

Specializes in Medical Surgical & Intensive Care Unit.

Still waiting for mine. I just found out this month and from reading this thread, I feel like it's gonna be a wait. I got selected for the Navy Nurse Corps active duty Critical Care.

I honestly have no idea. My recruiter said that he thought that my scroll was already approved but there were extra steps for active duty. This was in May. I don't think anyone really has a clue. He was probably just trying to give me some sort of info so I would leave him alone haha He actually emailed me yesterday saying he needed me to come in and do my security clearance a different way before they can even release commissioning documents? I'm going in there today, so maybe he can give me some sort of hope.

Whew. I'm not alone! I got accepted a month after you but my scroll got submitted earlier. I am also hoping to get into the September class. Judging from the people in this thread, there seems to be about an average of 5 - 6 month wait? Hopefully we see something this month or next. My recruiter doesn't really have a lot of info for me so it kinda feels discouraging.

What did you mean by one part of the scroll? Like where it is during stage of approval?

I'm waiting for orders -__-

I actually found out today that I have been cleared for commissioning. He said my status is "RFO" (I think, assuming that means ready for orders??

Ironically, I'm ready to go. Can't wait to get my uniforms!

I actually found out today that I have been cleared for commissioning. He said my status is "RFO" (I think, assuming that means ready for orders??

Congratulations! I actually had to sign some security clearance papers recently. Hopefully that's not my issue. What kind of change did you have to do when your recruiter called you in? Thanks for keeping us posted.

I'm waiting for orders -__-

Wow. Is it because you're going reserves? It's crazy cause your process took awhile, didn't it? I thought maybe you'd get orders within 10 days after receiving a scroll.

Still waiting for mine. I just found out this month and from reading this thread, I feel like it's gonna be a wait. I got selected for the Navy Nurse Corps active duty Critical Care.

Hopefully you won't have to wait as long. I wonder if the waiting time is the same for all branches? I thought that Navy might be better. At least I've seen more information about people commissioning in the Navy (other forums) than I do for the Army. It's kind of hard to dig up anything related to Army Direct Commission that isn't 2-3 years old.

+ Add a Comment