Wisdom Teeth Removal

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hi all,

I am just wondering if those of you who have had your Wisdom teeth removed as adults could share you experiences with me.

I am scheduled to have them out in a couple weeks and am quite nervous about it and am wondering how you all made out. Was there a ton of pain? How long until you were able to go about your normal activities ? Did you have sedation or did you just get local numbing and suck it up?

I am booked for couscous sedation, but I am thinking about just getting the local, if you did this how bad was it?

Annie

Specializes in OMFS, Dentistry.
So I got it done today! I have to say I had an awesome oral surgeon, barely felt the shots, although I was a bit buzzed on the nitrous :D

Minimal pain or bleeding too, which is wonderful! What I was anticipating was far worse than reality!! So glad I did not get sedation, as tomorrow I am hoping I can get out of the house! Thanks again everyone for your advise!!

Annie

So glad to hear Annie!! Now make sure NOT to suck, spit, or use any straws. ICE ICE ICE (You don't want to develop dry sockets, it is extremely painful)

Best wishes to heal quickly!

+ Add a Comment