Confused with offer

Specialties Travel

Published

Specializes in Critical Care.

Hey new to the traveling world and a bit confused with the offers and what exactly I am getting myself into.. I am not too concerned (yet) with if the offer is "good" or not, but more so what my pay is and where it is coming from.

I've attempted several times to look at the calculator on PanTravelers yet I am confused each time and get no where.

This is for a 36/hr a week PM shift 12 hours.

Insurance: included

Relocation: 500.00

Weekly Housing Stipend: 636.02

Meals per week: 423.99

Average taxable hourly rate: 23.33

Total gross weekly pay for 36 hours: 1,900.06

Just trying to get a gauge on how to read these offers and understand if I am signing up for something worthwhile. For what it is worth, I plan on maintaining my rent at my primary residence for tax home purposes (I believe I understand that correctly).

Specializes in Emergency Department.

Insurance: included (Means it's already taken out of your salary)

Relocation: 500.00 (A one-time payment for your travel expenses, probably get it on your first check)

Weekly Housing Stipend: 636.02 (You'll get paid this amount weekly, check your contract to see how much you get charged for not working your contracted hours)

Meals per week: 423.99 (You'll get paid this amount weekly, check your contract to see how much you get charged for not working your contracted hours)

Average taxable hourly rate: 23.33 (This is your hourly rate, so $23.33 x 36 hours minus taxes)

Total gross weekly pay for 36 hours: 1,900.06

- - -

You'll get paid $500 one time for your travel expenses, probably on your first check.

Your weekly check will total your weekly housing + your weekly meals + your weekly taxable hourly - taxes from your weekly hourly

$636.02 + $423.99 + ( $23.33 X 36 - taxes) = weekly check.

Assuming they take out 25% for taxes, your weekly check will be approximately:

$636.02 + $423.99 + $629.91 = $1,689.92 / weekly net (assuming 25% taxes).

However, keep in mind your tax obligation changes from state to state and city to city and your tax obligations might be different than others based on other variables; so that weekly might be off just a bit.

PanTravelers has a traveler calculator that allows you to compare different offers directly. That said, if you are simply figuring out if the finances work versus your current job, you already have that information.

Specializes in Critical Care.

Thanks guys for the breakdown.

The fact that I'll be maintaining a tax home is what allows the home/meal/relocation stipends to be tax free correct?

Correct. Sorry I missed your reference to the calculator in your post.

+ Add a Comment