ASN New Grad Advice

Nurses Career Support

Published

Specializes in OMFS, Dentistry.

Hi,

I graduated from an ASN program June 2017, just passed NCLEX a few weeks ago, and have been accepted to several BSN programs. I have been searching for jobs since I passed but every position I find is the same: at least a year of experience.

I am very open, it doesn't matter to me what the position is or even if it's per diem/holidays/weekends as I just want to gain experience. I have a good full time job so I don't need the benefits .. just gain experience so that I can eventually make the transition from my current job to nursing full time. I am going to get ACLS and PALS certified this summer.

Im in Massachusetts, any advice is greatly appreciated. I have followed this site from pre nursing on and am grateful for all the wonderful advice I have received thus far.

Many thanks!

Specializes in NICU, ICU, PICU, Academia.

Cast a wide, wide net and take the first nursing job you get offered. You are nearly a year post-graduation- and the chances of you getting into any type of new grad program are dwindling with every day you let pass.

Apply EVERYWHERE- nursing homes, assisted living, clinics , dialysis- EVERYWHERE and get working ASAP,

Thank you meanmaryjean, I appreciate your advice.

Hello I received your message and it will not allow me to use direct message because I am a new member. Could I have your email please so i can ask you questions about passing the nclex?

Hello I received your message and it will not allow me to use direct message because I am a new member. Could I have your email please so i can ask you questions about passing the nclex?

[email protected]

+ Add a Comment