LPN in distress

Nurses LPN/LVN

Published

Hi I'm new to this. I'm an LPN with mostly homecare experience. I messed up a few months ago with a major mistake. I worked for this family for a couple of yrs. I left client in care of family member without actually seeing the person just before walking out although we had spoken just mins prior to my departure. Basically it came down to my word against the family. My dilemma is not contesting abandonment charge which is causing hell trying to obtain employment. What can I do? I feel so bad and can't fault noone but myself. I just wanna continue doing what I love. Any advice is appreciated!

Specializes in Home Health (PDN), Camp Nursing.

Ok so "abandonment charges" are these charges up befor the BON meaning you have a license issue. Or just a reason fire termination from your former employer

I have inadvertent abandonment charge from BON. 1 month actual suspension 23 month stayed/probation. Probation consist of reporting employment quarterly and a 500.00 fine!! No restriction from passing meds or needing a supervisor to sign off. Yet it's difficult finding employment.

Do what you have to do in order to survive. I've advised before that sooner or later a person having problems getting a nursing job may stumble upon a nursing employer whose need for their services surpasses the kneejerk reaction to pass over a potential employee.

Specializes in Home Health (PDN), Camp Nursing.

If you want to stay in home care you're gonna have to find a sole proprietorship. Non of the national chains are gonna wanna mess with that whole thing. Otherwise. Dialysis is more used to dealing with restrictions. Good luck I think we have all been in some situation close to the one you described at one point or another. Lesson learnt.

+ Add a Comment