Pass the NCLEX with these tips!

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

I did a few things to prepare for the NCLEX that helped me pass the first time, after 76 questions. I wrote up a few things that helped me.

Acknowledge feelings and acceptance, here and now

Ohhhh therapeutic communication. You will definitely have NCLEX Questions about this. Remember, developing a therapeutic relationship with patients is verbal and non verbal. You need to listen and be empathetic. Answer Tips: silence is a good thing (allows for listening and reflection); use open ended questions (how are you feeling today vs are you feeling well today?); do not assume how the patient is feeling, ask him/her; don't provide false hope (it will be okay, don't worry); "tell me why" is not the right answer, patients don't need to justify how they are feeling or why they did something; answers should not include the nurse relating to the patient (I've also experienced that, I know how you feel, etc). Education and empathy are the right answers.

I have a handful of other tips. Please let me know if you're interested!

Congrats! I can't wait til the day I can say I passed. If you have any tips that are helpful I am very interested. I need all the help I can get

Any tips you can provide would be much appreciated!

Congrats on passing!! Would you please email me other tips. [email protected]. Thanks you!

Hello,

I am interested in some more tips. My email is [email protected] Thank you!

+ Add a Comment