Memorial Hermann gn residency summer 2018

U.S.A. Texas

Published

Hi all!

Making a thread for the Memorial Hermann GN Residency Program starting in summer 2018.

Anyone going to the open house/ pre-match day soon on February 17??

The only day I needed to miss class was for my match day interview. I made a one day trip to Houston. Thankfully hiring and on boarding is mostly done on the phone and through email. I graduated in May and have only had to go to the hospital once since then for my occupational screen. So you shouldn't have to miss class. And orientation for us hasn't even started yet. You probably won't have to worry about that until well after you graduate.

Yeah the interview is the only thing. Luckily, it was on a non-class/non-clinical day for me. But Don't fail because you're trying to get a job. Then it'll be for nothing. Have to finish school for the job to pan out anyway, right? My program was very unforgiving too.

Hello everyone!

CONGRATS to all of you that got accepted :)

I am currently applying to the GN residency program for Fall 2018. I was just wondering if anyone could give some advice on some tips and tricks on how they prepared for their interview for Match day and how it went. I am currently invited to interview with the cardiac units at TMC. I have been struggling sinc December :( any advice is welcome!

Did they do the physical/blood Work the day of match day, or at a future date??

On a future date, once you're offered a position and hired! HR will call you to work all of that out about 60 days before you start!

Has anyone not received their I-9 from precheck yet? We start Monday and I still don't have it. I called and they said they'll send it "right now" ... but that was a few hours ago.

I finish my degree in December and am hoping to apply for the February cohort. Were you all able to apply for the residency program while still in school? That may be a stupid question, but one of the requirements is a nursing license. I wasn't sure if that meant we just needed to take/pass NCLEX before the start date or what...Thanks!

Yes! I applied for the July cohort in March and was offered a position as long as I graduated and passed NCLEX 2 weeks before my start date!

hi! i saw earlier in the thread that tmc are not hiring nurses with ADN for the residency program, do you know if that is true or not?

It is true. The magnet hospitals (almost all in the TMC) will not hire ADN's.

Anybody mind sharing what memorial is starting new grads at and differentials ?

Hi everyone! To those of you who applied to Children's would you mind sharing your stats? I just applied for this summer 2019 start for RCW! Thanks in advance :D

+ Add a Comment