Just took my NCLEX total nervous wreck!

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

Holy cow nothing strikes fear in the heart of graduate nursing student like a computer screen shutting off. Gosh I think in all my life that was one of scariest moments of my life. I went into the test with a plan to anticipate all 265 questions and to take breaks at 75, 100, 150, and 200 questions. My screen said 75 and I was about to raise my hand to break, but then it shut off! I had a large number of select all that apply questions. I can find out on Thursday I did the credit card check on Pearson to see if I could re-register. It wouldn't let me but I'm not banking on that trying to keep myself distracted all day tomorrow, thankfully I took the test at 8am so I'll be able to check back about that time Thursday. Just hoping I don't have to re-take because that I think almost killed me!

Specializes in Nephrology, Cardiology, ER, ICU.

Moved to NCLEX

Specializes in Clinical Leadership, Staff Development, Education.

If you had a large number of select all that apply, then this is a positive sign. The more questions you answer correctly, the more difficult the questions will become. Good luck and welcome to nursing.

I PASSED!!!!!

Specializes in Operating Theater Nurse.

Hello! Congrats on your license! Please give me more tips and motivations.. how long did you study? Are you a nerdy kind of classmate? Lol.. its me who is always distracted reading.. why o why...what did you use for review? Tia

Hello! Congrats on your license! Please give me more tips and motivations.. how long did you study? Are you a nerdy kind of classmate? Lol.. its me who is always distracted reading.. why o why...what did you use for review? Tia

I studied for at least 2-4 hours a day. But I always made sure I did a lot of questions. I used the nclex mastery app, Kaplan for strategy and Hurst review for content. I am very much the nerd have been since day one. The key is to stay organized and remember that as much as studying sucks you have to put in the time and studying is boring, but having to take and pay for this test again is even worse!

Specializes in Operating Theater Nurse.

Yes I agree with you. How many month or week of review till the day of exam? Tia

My program had us answering questions from our 2nd semester on. But I recommend taking it asap when you get your ATT. I had been preparing for NCLEX since I started the program as that is what my nursing school recommended. I gradually increased until I was doing 80-100 questions a day after graduation. The night before I didn't study anything.

Congratulations í ¾íµ‚í ¼í½¾

Thank you!!!

Congratss... Can u please give me advise for pharmacology preperation..

I just did a lot of questions honestly. And remember if you haven't heard of it chances are no one else has either.

+ Add a Comment