GCU Summer 2012

U.S.A. Arizona

Published

Hello,

My name is Keisha and I am currently taking the prereqs for GCU's summer 2012 program. Is anyone else thinking about applying?

My first choice is the program at St Joe's.

Specializes in Women's Health.

That's great!

I have to go to GCU tomorrow for my immunization appt. I had to reschedule the last one.

If just looking forward to April 11th...and then May 7th!!!

I have to go to GCU because the nurse has yet to call me with all my stuff; she took my physical papers to wait for my titers to come in and promised she'd call me. Somehow this is not at all surprising. I'm waiting for my stupid tax returns to link to the IRS before I send all my stuff to ------- and the other financial counselor that insists he is mine too. Hahaha. I have no academic advisor anymore because she retired! I have gone through so many people that it's ridiculous!!

I agree! I am on my 4th academic advisor myself! It's just so uncoordinated. I hope the Nursing Program itself is my better. If not, I will be very disappointed.

I was disappointed because ------ was the best one I had had!! And now she's gone and some guy name -------- called me. He's not my new one, but they're looking for a replacement! GRRRR!

Geez, I've had 3 advisors myself! I have ------ now and he's been great...again, pleasantly surprised! :) I actually saw your advisor on her last day. I was in there to meet ------ and she had balloons, flowers, and stuff all over her desk.

I actually talked to -------- when I meet with her on Monday about the inconsistancy of the advisors. She said she was aware of it and was going to talk to the program director about more training for the advisors, especially the financial ones. They did a HUGE reshuffle a while back, so not everyone is caught up to speed yet.

We also talked about the health insurance. She said advisors should be able to answer questions about it at least, but I asked both my finance and academic counselors about it and neither knew any info. I know that I am definitely one of those people who needs more info on their insurance! I read the info on Aetna's site...well attempted to skim the whole 65 pages...I need the cliff's notes version please! lol

She promised me that the actual program isn't this uncoordinated! :w00t:

I thought it was insane how much GCU wanted for health insurance! I was like NO WAY I'll get my own!! Haha. It's so long, I didn't get asked to be verified, but with my luck for Fall I probably will be haha. GCU loves verifying my information!!

I heard the program isn't at all like this. It's just frustrating for the whole beginning to be like this. I had 3 now 4... temporarily until a new one gets appointed. I don't really talk to D. (because we can't mention names) that much. I saw her for my new schedule for spring then worked with my nursing admissions advisor. THEY HAVE TOO MANY! haha.

I still can't get on the stupid PLUS loan site for my mom either. It's dumb because it basically says GCU is doing a different way but then GCU has no idea. And now I'm here...

Thankfully, I already have insurance...So, I'm okay there! Honestly, it's going to be a struggle for me to pay for school. But I REFUSE, to take out another loan. I already have so many loans out already (for my 1st degree). I'm already in enough debt :-(

I definitely understand that!! Unfortunately, I have no choice, but to take out some loans. I used all of my savings on my health issues and surgeries (from a car accident) and I haven't had enough time to save since then. I just hope to get a great paying job after school! lol I am applying for some scholarships for fall, so hopefully that will help some (if I get them of course).

Did you see they put out our nursing schedules FINALLY? :) I'm so excited!

No! Where can I find them?

on your schedule on Angel!

I don't know how to log into Angel.

+ Add a Comment