Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application

Specialties Advanced

Published

Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012.

Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for that!

I just went back through the website looking to see if all the prerequisites had to have a "B" or higher. I'm taking Statistics and I think I'm looking at the 2nd "C" out of my 60 odd classes. Besides the fact that this is a massive blow to my ego, I had it in my head that I must get a "B" for all my prerequisites. The admission requirements posted only talk about a cumulative GPA of 3.0 which I will still be well above. Can anyone point me in the direction of some more concrete information? Am I mixing up Columbia's requirements with Vanderbilt's?

That seems to be my understanding of it as well. There is no requirement to have a B in each class. They also seem to be more relaxed about the actual classes you take, as well. i.e. no rigid requirements to take these really specific classes. Which is good!

I hope your right because it's almost unbearable thinking that after all these years of hard work and high grades the last undergrad class I take could stand between me and getting into this program.

They require a "c" or above. I am not sure if they rank based on who had a 4.0 in pre reqs etc.. But you are right, a 3.0!

I just called them. They only accept a "C" (2.0) or higher in all prereqs and you have to maintain a "B" (3.0) GPA once you're in the program. Whew, I can stop freaking out now and focus on this stupid class.

I just found out I was rejected from SU.... Not a good feeling. Cmon ...

me too barbaraleev. now i'm scared will reject me too!! gaahhh i'm so anxious to hear i feel like i should be counting down the days by like scratching them into the walls of a jail cell or something lol this is going to be the LONGEST month EVER.

I am insanely anxious! I am trying to tell myself it may be 2 more weeks but hoping it is next week! no stressing, no stressing, ahhhh! so soon ya'll, so soon!

Specializes in Pediatrics.

I called them earlier today to ask when my application would be reviewed because I had trouble with on of my recommendations and they said it was going TODAY! Yikes!

eek!! good luck! I just want to know when they are sending letters out! I am tempted to call.... haha

Someone should call!

I just called and she asked if I was a nurse, which I am not so she said "we are working on them as fast as we can." Maybe they went through the ones who were RN's already first.... ahhhh

+ Add a Comment