What's the weirdest baby name?

Specialties Ob/Gyn Nursing Q/A

Hi, I was wondering about some of those weird names that you've probably encountered in L&D and PP. I remember when I had my maternity rotation a couple of weeks ago, one of the nurses said she remembers a patient that named her child Placenta. I couldn't believe it that some child has to live his life named after disgusting afterbirth!

Specializes in OB, Med/Surg, Ortho, ICU.

Draygon fyre, cute isn't it?

I know a girl named "Bless" and another girl named "overy" (sames like ovary)

Specializes in ortho, hospice volunteer, psych,.
i know a girl named "bless" and another girl named "overy" (sames like ovary)

i worked with a bless once, but overy? yikes!:eek:

Specializes in Geriatrics.

I have to post this because i still laugh at it. As much as I have tried to convince my brother otherwise, he and his wife have decided to name their boy Diesel Chuck. Poor kid.

What about those names in which. When spelled they are not phonetically correct I know someone named heavenly medley love my sister in law

I went to high school with a guy named Hung Lo Wang. Dead serious. He went by William Wang.

Specializes in Medical Assisting.

How about twins- I'm dead serious about this- One mother named her twin boys- L'rangejello and L'monjello. (that's right- orange jello and lemon jello)

My mom in law told me about that! What a doozie that pair of names! :o

Specializes in Med nurse in med-surg., float, HH, and PDN.

This is the funniest thread and I'm loving it......BUT,I have to get up at 5 AM, so I'll have to pick it up again tomorrow.....However I have few names to add: twin girls PURITY and SERENITY and one can only wonder if they were, as they grew up ; I worked with a girl whose name was Benema , she pronounced it Beh-NEEM-ah........I've heard of a Daquari and a Martini.........A boy named Major Riddle, b/c his folks couldn't figure out HOW they could've conceived with the birthcontrol methodS they used......THOR and TITAN......A woman named Prince Poore.......There was a woman name of Fannie Passmore........A girl named SINCERE.........and I know there was/is a thread with Dr.s names and I should find it and put these three there, but I',m just gonna put'em here: Dr. Nurse, Dr Lawless, and Dr.Habit. I literally have been "collecting" names for 40 years and have a LARGE Rubbermaid TUB full of lists of names. So, people think I'm a little peculiar , but it keeps me off the streets. I'm always asked "But, what do you DO with them?" Easy answer is, I"m quite entertained when I find new names for my list. I've also written HAIKU using names ONLY!!! ...Some more names: Bumella (F) ; Genesis (F) ; Queen Destiny (F) ; Hardwood (M) ; Floss (M) ; Unique (M) ; Loans (M) ; Memory (F) ; Bromine (F) ; Moncravious (M); Royal Fred (M) ; Sacred Stone (F) ; Flake (M) ; Eon (M) ; Whitey Black (M): and the final one--a patient 20 yrs. ago told me he went to school with a guy named Bob Bupp, and the terrible joke they told about him was that he could never drown because he'd , yep, bob up.

Specializes in Psychiatric..

Well, I heard a mother calling her daughter one day in a crowded shop... Ill have to try spell it phonetically so youll understand.............. so here she was-----------"yev-von-eee"................Another lady remarked that that was a name she had never heard before and enquired about how to spell it......

The mother says "Y, v, o, n, n, e"..............................

Specializes in cardiac (CCU/Heart Transplant, cath lab).

Leviathan...yes, an evil sea monster.

Specializes in OB, OR.

During my OB rotation in school, a baby was born and the mom named him "Twenty-Ten Tiger".

He was visited by his brothers, Tarantula and Tarzan.

I wish I was lying.

No joke... La-ah pronouced La dash ah

+ Add a Comment