CA CDC - How long til you got interview?

Specialties Correctional

Published

I applied to California Dept of Corrections last month, scored a 98% on "exam", immediately sent a copy of my resume and application. Then in 2 weeks, I got a form in the mail to request to be considered for a job at a particular site - to include application again -- which I did. How long should I expect to wait for interview request, etc? I called the lady that the application was to be addressed to... but of course did not receive a return phone call.

Just looking to see what your experiences have been with the CDC recently.

Thanks

:nurse:

I guess it varies depeding on which facility you are applying but mine took about a week. They left a message saying that I was placed on certain slot for an interview (it was a short notice, like three days later from the message was left) and If that assigned time slot doesn't work for me, call them.

Best of wishes. :)

Thanks. Wow. It has already been a couple weeks since I sent back all my stuff. I will have to be patient. I am ranked 2/80... so I think I must have a good shot.

Thanks again.

So it took a month from time I answered the inquiry til they called for interview, but when they did... it was 3-4 days ahead. Good thing I had coworkers that could easily swap shifts with me. :) They said that I would hear about 3 weeks after interview because there were alot of applicant for this job. So again ... patience.

Specializes in SNF, Corrections.

Good luck...keep us updated :)

there is a hiring freeze until the end of the budget year (end of June).

I got a letter to that effect from Salinas, but then got interview at SanLuis Obispo. They did not indicate the hiring freeze was for all prisons... hope not. But I have a job currently, so I can be patient. :)

I got a letter to that effect from Salinas, but then got interview at SanLuis Obispo. They did not indicate the hiring freeze was for all prisons... hope not. But I have a job currently, so I can be patient. :)

what type of questions did they ask, was it a panel, how long was the interview? I applied to the CA prison as well but i have not been called yet for interview, im a new grad though so I dont know if they even hire new grads...

how did the interview go? what type of questions did they ask, was it a panel? I appiled to the CA prison as well this june but have not received interviews yet, Im a new grad though so i dont know if they would even consider me...

Goodluck!!!

I answered the last couple posts in the interview questions thread. Hope it was helpful.

So, update.... I was tentatively offered the job yesterday. As you can see... it took A LONG TIME! But I was patient and they updated me every few weeks. I had another job, so it was just time I was losing toward my retirement. LOL They offered me a start date of 1.5 weeks to 2.5 months out - I get to choose. It depends on the date of my honeymoon... so I am going to put it off for a bit I think.

Good luck to everyone else. :)

Hopefully I will be at San Luis Obispo - California Mens Colony very soon!!

+ Add a Comment