sex in the work place...really?

Nurses Relations

Published

So I'm watching television.... nursing and hospital shows of course...and they are always showing someone in these shows who is in love with another nurse, or doctor and they always end up having sex while in the hospital. My question is does this really go on at the workplace? How many of you have witness this, heard about it happening, or was one of the parties involved?:yeah:

grow up, maybe you guys are all too young, sex goes on in every workplace. work on a psych ward for a while...the sexual tension is enormous and not just among the patients.

Specializes in Emergency Dept. Trauma. Pediatrics.
grow up, maybe you guys are all too young, sex goes on in every workplace. work on a psych ward for a while...the sexual tension is enormous and not just among the patients.

Grow Up???? Who is acting like a child? This has been a pretty fun light hearted thread and to young for what? I think most people over the age of 13 (that's being generous) has heard about sex.

Grow Up???? Who is acting like a child? This has been a pretty fun light harted thread.

Yes indeed, a nice reprieve from the usual collection of rants.

i think you misunderstood what i meant. of course everyone has heard of sex! but sex in the workplace has been going on forever is my point.

i think you misunderstood what i meant. of course everyone has heard of sex! but sex in the workplace has been going on forever is my point.

Definitely sex in the workplace is not appropiate,but then I think of 9 and half weeks.....:p

All the love had gone out of the relationship with her and her hubbie, so she was content to have her legs turn into furry boots when he was around.

well...

i can assure you, my love towards my husband is stronger than ever, yet i am too content, in having furry boot legs.

when he rolls his eyes at me, i ask him if he ever met a 'tigress' who shaved her legs.:lol2:

i'm sure it's helpful that i'm not an exceedingly hairy woman.:p

leslie

Specializes in Emergency Dept. Trauma. Pediatrics.

I don't think that is a news flash to anyone, I think outside of a few people, most get that, someone was asking if it was anything like the tv shows where it seems that is all that is going on. No one said that sex wasn't going on in the workplace although some questioned where people find the time in some professions where you are kept so busy. Anyway, I just didn't get the rudeness of your comment coming into a fun light hearted thread telling people to grow up.

OMG this thread is hilarious! My fiance and I both used to work nights (he was in the ED and I was in OR) and we got a little frisky in the elevator once... We came down to L&D with a standing ovation. Totally forgot they have surveillance cameras at the nurse's station. Ooops. :lol2:

It happens a lot more on night shift, and it is sad when both parties are married to OTHER PEOPLE. Now that I'm on days you just see the sexual tension, not much of the actual relieving of it. The security guys must love that stuff. Ewe.

Specializes in Geri-psych Nursing.

I'm trying to think when I could fit sex in at my workplace...would it be while I'm running to get another foley for the dementia pt who just pulled his out again? Or maybe in the hallway while I'm grabbing my 30 minute lunch? Or do I just make eyes at the cute but arrogant doctor while I'm getting 20 meds out of the pyxis? I DO know it's not going to happen after my 12 hour day... Where do these people work, anyway?

Are the stories I've heard about spinal cord injury rehab really true - that most of the men who go through this have some kind of sexual contact with at least one nurse?

:eek:

Shame we don't have any security officers on this site (yeah yeah yeah i know this is a forum for nurses but............) ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the stories. I had the priviledge of checking some of their cctv footage and ooooooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyy gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN the hospital where I work, the morgue, the medical school library and the back of the accident and emergency department that are the hot spots for all the extra curricula activities; a real multi disciplinary team:lol2:

pray tell the interest in this area!

I can see an entire new line of DVDs:

Med-Surg Nurses Gone Wild

ER Nurses Gone Wild

LTAC Party Gone Awry

Nurse Grads Bare All

etc...

+ Add a Comment