Mercan Recruit - Canada

World Canada

Published

hello!

anybody heard about this agency? .. i've already got an employer, thru the help of this agency..

can you please give me feedbacks.. especially those who are under in capital health..

thanks thanks! :typing:zzzzz

Specializes in intensive care, recovery, anesthetics.

I would make sure you are eligible for CRNE and have a chance of finding a job. Otherwise you will struggle, job situation here is poorly and new IEN applicants have no chance right now of getting a job. Exception might be if you want to work up north, but without experience in the canadian healthcare system I would not recommend that straight away.

Why Saskatchewan?

5cats

Hi! I am an RN here in the Philippines since 2007 and last year, I got into this Resident Care Attendant program in Sprott-Shaw Community College-Manila Campus because they said its going to be easier for us to get there thru this program. Do you have an idea about this? I mean going there not as an RN or an LPN but as an RCA?

Why did you not look into it yourself?? Until recently it was relatively easy to go to Canada as a RN and actually have a job. So at the time you got that advise it was a very poor one, and actually a lie. RN's were in the short occupation list and high in demand.

The big question is, why would a RN switch to a poor paid job at all? Just to come to a foreign country? And then? You won't have any recent experience anymore as a RN so poorer chances of grabbing a job in your original profession, plus when you come as a caregiver, your visa doesn't allow to do anything else, so why would you even consider that route??

5cats

i know..its such a stupid, stupid decision..i wasted 6 months on that program and paid a big amount of money. I believed too much of their sales talk. I researched the school, and it really exists in Canada. So as of now, I have an international diploma but then they're not giving us a clear picture of where we're going. I believed them too much because the Manila Campus is located in one of the prestigious universities in Manila. I was told that we'll just have to work as an RCA for 10 months then can take the CRNE to be able to work as an RN in canada. If I knew earlier that we can go to canada without having to go thru this program, then I should just have started working in the hospital to gain experience. Now they're telling us that the LMOs available are for nursing instructors and that we qualify for that position since we're RNs and RCAs at the same time. Do you think this is true? Do you think the course that I took would help me in my nursing career path to Canada?

There is NO WAY you'd be employed as a Nursing Instructor by any Canadian College or University. You have to have a Masters and recent hospital experience.

You have almost no experience how can you be an instructor?

For here Fiona is absolutely right, without having worked here and knowing the system No WAY.

5cats

LPNs can instruct care aides, I know many that do.

But an untried RN as an instructor, not even at the entry level care aide programme.

Ask Sprott Shaw if THEY would hire you.

Good suggestion Fiona, Ice04 you should ask Sprott Shaw to hire you and see what their response is. It is time for the underemployed and unemployed Philipino nurses to take action and make the nursing schools accountable for misleading students and giving them false hope about global job prospects.

dishes

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.

And then there's Sprott-Shaw itself... Their reputation is rather tarnished. There are a couple of threads here that discuss them:https://allnurses.com/canadian-nurses/sprott-shaw-do-183473.html and https://allnurses.com/lpn-lvn-nursing/sprott-shaw-lpn-84516.html that don't have great things to say about the school at all. It appears you've been hosed (a Canadian colloquialism that means ripped off).

Alright, I'll do that. Thanks so much. I got into this because of my desire to be able to work in Canada as a nurse the soonest possible time. Its really so depressing that I have known about this too late and that I have already paid my tuition in full, not to mention I have just borrowed the money. I wish I can make them accountable for this, but I still need to do more researches on it. To everyone who may have heard about it, forget it! I think you'll just waste your time and money doing the program. I wasted 7 months of my precious time sitting in their classes with their instructors who were only my age, and paid P70,000 for it, since they said its the only thing that we have to pay for because that includes the processing fee and the plane tickets. Now that we're done with school, they're discussing other options to us, going to UAE, Taiwan, etc... I wish I could say where the campus is located, but it might affect their reputation..-its the university in Morayta though. hehe.. Grrr....help me! How do I make them accountable for this? you think I can sue them and get my money back? well of course, the time lost cannot be taken back.

Specializes in NICU, PICU, PCVICU and peds oncology.

If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS! There is no fast, easy, cheap, sure-fire way to come to Canada and be employed as a nurse.

I know..i just trusted them too much..

+ Add a Comment