Jump to content

Seattle Children's Nurse Residency 2019

Job Hunt   (1,443 Views 26 Comments)
by newnurselife newnurselife (New Member) New Member

109 Visitors; 7 Posts

advertisement

I will be applying to the August 2019 cohort at Seattle Children's. For anyone who has interviewed for this program, or gotten a job there, what are some tips you have for interviewing/getting the job? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lulu Belle has 1 years experience.

5,581 Visitors; 215 Posts

I am applying on the 24th when the summer cohort opens as well. Are you attending the open house? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 570 Visitors; 49 Posts

I am also applying, I’m from Pittsburgh though and sadly can’t come to the open house in Seattle 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

109 Visitors; 7 Posts

I'll be attending the open house!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lulu Belle has 1 years experience.

5,581 Visitors; 215 Posts

Hi All! Did you guys apply yet? I went to the open house and it was very overwhelming!!! A LOT of people! 

What track did everyone apply to? My status still says "submitted." 

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 570 Visitors; 49 Posts

9 minutes ago, Lulu Belle said:

Hi All! Did you guys apply yet? I went to the open house and it was very overwhelming!!! A LOT of people! 

What track did everyone apply to? My status still says "submitted." 

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Hi! I applied on April 23rd to acute care float pool as my number one choice, surgical as my second and cancer care unit as my third. I think we will hear back by May 17th, which track/units did you apply to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement

Lulu Belle has 1 years experience.

5,581 Visitors; 215 Posts

12 minutes ago, PedsNurse2019 said:

Hi! I applied on April 23rd to acute care float pool as my number one choice, surgical as my second and cancer care unit as my third. I think we will hear back by May 17th, which track/units did you apply to?

I really wanted to apply to ACFP too, but I decided to just go for the critical care track since my practicum and work experience is in a peds ED. I applied to ED, CICU and PICU. 

From the brief interaction I got at the open house, it seemed like Seattle Children's is a fun place to work with lots of opportunity. I really hope we both get interviews! May 17th is so late though! Flights will be so expensive by then!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 570 Visitors; 49 Posts

14 minutes ago, Lulu Belle said:

I really wanted to apply to ACFP too, but I decided to just go for the critical care track since my practicum and work experience is in a peds ED. I applied to ED, CICU and PICU. 

From the brief interaction I got at the open house, it seemed like Seattle Children's is a fun place to work with lots of opportunity. I really hope we both get interviews! May 17th is so late though! Flights will be so expensive by then!!!

I totally get that with flights, I’m from ohio but I worked in Seattle two summers ago and absolutely fell in love with it and I would love to work here. I’m really excited for the opportunity to work here though and I hope we both get interviews!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

109 Visitors; 7 Posts

How long do you guys think a hospital would wait for you to accept a position after they offer one? I'm finding that Seattle Children's interview date is a little later than most and I'm trying to have a backup plan by applying to other hospitals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 570 Visitors; 49 Posts

51 minutes ago, newnurselife said:

How long do you guys think a hospital would wait for you to accept a position after they offer one? I'm finding that Seattle Children's interview date is a little later than most and I'm trying to have a backup plan by applying to other hospitals. 

Most places I applied to/got an offer from told me I had one week but I’m not sure if that’s the same everywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 Visitors; 4 Posts

has anyone heard back yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 Visitors; 4 Posts

On 5/4/2019 at 11:52 AM, Lulu Belle said:

I really wanted to apply to ACFP too, but I decided to just go for the critical care track since my practicum and work experience is in a peds ED. I applied to ED, CICU and PICU. 

From the brief interaction I got at the open house, it seemed like Seattle Children's is a fun place to work with lots of opportunity. I really hope we both get interviews! May 17th is so late though! Flights will be so expensive by then!!!

i was unable to attend the open house but on the website it says the interview date is May 31st?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×