SCC/ARC Fall 2021 Sac City/American River College

Posted

You are reading page 6 of SCC/ARC Fall 2021 Sac City/American River College. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

Katieh11

Katieh11

214 Posts

Ohhh, You got into Sierra College! 

I'm jealous, I would definitely pick sierra because of the bridge program to BSN with Sac State and they are #3 in the state. Nearly 100% NCLEX pass rate each year.

akulahawkRN, ADN, RN, EMT-P

Specializes in Emergency Department. Has 7 years experience. 3,488 Posts

Sac City and ARC may not change your status in the system until after they've done all the notifications. This way they only have to update the system only once. 

Now as to which program I'd go to if accepted to all of them? Well, I'd go to whichever program most closely fits my expected life schedule. If that schedule is completely open, whichever one is closer to you or whichever campus you like more... If you're accepted to just one, well, attend that one!

Katieh11

Katieh11

214 Posts

I would be sooooo grateful if any of them picked me ☺️hah

kendravisker714

kendravisker714

86 Posts

16 minutes ago, Candyroses said:

No changes here either. 
 

I have a question, if you guys were to choose between SCC, ARC and Sierra College, which will you guys choose to go to if you guys were accepted? And why? I would like to know some opinions on the pros and cons of each school. 

I am an alternate at Yuba, if I were accepted somewhere close to home (sacramento) I would choose that.  I also would look up the program rankings. Did you get into Sierra?

7 minutes ago, akulahawkRN said:

Sac City and ARC may not change your status in the system until after they've done all the notifications. This way they only have to update the system only once. 

Now as to which program I'd go to if accepted to all of them? Well, I'd go to whichever program most closely fits my expected life schedule. If that schedule is completely open, whichever one is closer to you or whichever campus you like more... If you're accepted to just one, well, attend that one!

Yeah, LOL, I never really considered the possibility of being accepted to more than one.  Are you saying that they won't update the status until they select the applicants to attend? Im on eggshells waiting LOL

Blueberryfairy27

Blueberryfairy27

40 Posts

How do you find out the schedule? Do you have to wait until you are accepted?

kendravisker714

kendravisker714

86 Posts

1 minute ago, Blueberryfairy27 said:

How do you find out the schedule? Do you have to wait until you are accepted?

it actually never even occurred to me to find out, I just always felt like I was at the mercy of whatever program chose me and I'd have to figure it out LOL

ErikaP

ErikaP

13 Posts

12 minutes ago, Candyroses said:

No changes here either. 
 

I have a question, if you guys were to choose between SCC, ARC and Sierra College, which will you guys choose to go to if you guys were accepted? And why? I would like to know some opinions on the pros and cons of each school. 

I don't know anyone that personally went through the nursing programs but "Sierra College Nursing Program is Ranked 3rd in State".  SCC is ranked #39 an ARC is ranked #40.  Also, as far as NCLEX pass rates, for 2019/2020 school year 100% of Sierra students passed.  For ARC 91% passed and for SCC 93.54% passed.  If accepted to all 3, this would sway my decision as well as proximity to home.

JMonty

JMonty

32 Posts

Do you guys think it will be this week that we find out?

ellehudec

ellehudec

24 Posts

Just now, JMonty said:

Do you guys think it will be this week that we find out?

I wasn't going to worry about looking until the week of the 26th. 

 

JMonty

JMonty

32 Posts

I can't stop checking! The 26th feels like a lifetime away! LOL! I wish they would announce sooner rather than later. 

akulahawkRN, ADN, RN, EMT-P

Specializes in Emergency Department. Has 7 years experience. 3,488 Posts

25 minutes ago, kendravisker714 said:

Are you saying that they won't update the status until they select the applicants to attend? Im on eggshells waiting LOL

That's precisely what I'm saying. It's a bit of work to update everyone's status to "qualified" after the update of "application accepted" and then quickly reupdate the status of those selected/not selected/alternate several times as that info can change very quickly.

akulahawkRN, ADN, RN, EMT-P

Specializes in Emergency Department. Has 7 years experience. 3,488 Posts

If SCC/ARC are due to report acceptance status by the week of the 26th, they very well could start notifying the week prior to that, however they could wait until that last week to do those notifications. I applied 7-8 times to those programs and most of  the time they notified a week or so "early" but they have also waited until that last week to do it. 

If you're given an acceptance letter, you have only a few days to act on it, but the deadline to respond will be in the letter so pay close attention to it. If you do get multiple acceptances, figure out which one you want to attend, notify them you want to go there and notify every other program that you're declining, that way they can notify any alternates that there's an open seat.