Sam Houston State University Spring 2021

Posted
by kaylahallett kaylahallett (New) New Student

Hi everyone! I decided to make a post for everyone applying at Sam Houston State University for Spring 2021. I have my TEAS in three weeks and I'm honestly really nervous.. Here are my stats:

Pre-req GPA: 3.71

cumulative GPA: 3.75

And I'm trying to obtain a 90 for the reading and math section on the TEAS exam.

coffeeandscrubs_, CNA

Specializes in ICU. Has 1 years experience.

hi! I am applying as well and taking my TEAS on the 31st.

I have a question about the general app for the university. Did you have to submit your HS transcript? I have been out of HS for 11 years, and it's odd for a school to ask me for it as a transfer student.

On 7/11/2020 at 6:08 PM, rnwishing said:

hi! I am applying as well and taking my TEAS on the 31st.

I have a question about the general app for the university. Did you have to submit your HS transcript? I have been out of HS for 11 years, and it's odd for a school to ask me for it as a transfer student.

Hi! I actually just got off of the phone with them. If you're applying as a transfer student, a HS transcript shouldn't be required, but it shows up in their system for some reason. I recommend calling them and just making sure that they're aware you're a transfer and have been out of HS awhile so they don't accidentally not process your application.

Hello! I will be applying for Spring 2021 as well. I am planning to take my TEAS on the 31st 🙂

Cumulative GPA: 3.26

Pre-req GPA: 3.71

My cumulative GPA is kinda low but I'm retaking and finishing up some prereqs right now.

Edited by nursingdreams22

On 7/16/2020 at 7:53 PM, nursingdreams22 said:

Hello! I will be applying for Spring 2021 as well. I am planning to take my TEAS on the 31st 🙂

Cumulative GPA: 3.26

Pre-req GPA: 3.71

My cumulative GPA is kinda low but I'm retaking and finishing up some prereqs right now.

Good luck on your TEAS exam I take mine tomorrow 🙂

Hello!

I will be applying for Spring 2021 as well. I am planning on retaking the TEAS though.

Does anyone know what SHSU policy is for retaking the TEAS?

On 7/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, kaylahallett said:

Good luck on your TEAS exam I take mine tomorrow 🙂

hey! I just retook mine! I hope yours went well!!

On 8/5/2020 at 12:24 PM, engeeyasha said:

Hello!

I will be applying for Spring 2021 as well. I am planning on retaking the TEAS though.

Does anyone know what SHSU policy is for retaking the TEAS?

You have to wait at least 30 days to retake it, make sure you give yourself enough time before the application deadline 🙂

On 7/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, kaylahallett said:

Good luck on your TEAS exam I take mine tomorrow 🙂

Nice I hope yours went well I made an 85 on my reading and math.. I’m retaking it on the 29th of this month

Hi everyone. I’m applying to Sam for the Spring 2021 nursing program as well.

On 8/10/2020 at 11:15 AM, kaylahallett said:

Nice I hope yours went well I made an 85 on my reading and math.. I’m retaking it on the 29th of this month

That’s awesome! I did so much better on the retake compared to my first try. My first time reading: 89.4 and math: 75, second try reading: 95.7 and math: 93.8. You got this, just keep doing practice tests and problems!

On 8/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, Naomikay said:

Hi everyone. I’m applying to Sam for the Spring 2021 nursing program as well.

Hello! Have you taken your TEAS yet?

Rose_Queen, BSN, MSN, RN

Specializes in OR, education. Has 16 years experience.

Hello all,

There are two approved ways of creating a special area for your cohort on this site.

One: create a facebook page.

Two: create a "club" for your cohort by clicking on the Breakroom link in the yellow bar to the left of this page.

References to other than these two avenues will be moved from view, to comply with the Terms of Service.

Thank you.