I went through allnurses and there is not much information regarding UCM's Family Nurse Practitioner Program and I have questions for current students and recent graduates :)
I am to start the program January 2016. And from what I've gathered thus far, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is:
- Program is 44 hours
- Courses are offered in Spring, Summer and Fall and courses are ONLINE
- You enroll in whatever class you want, as long as it doesn't require a prerequisite
- There are 6 courses with practicums - 4 courses require 90 practicum hours, 1 course with 135 practicum hours, and the final course requires 360 practicum hours.
So, here's my questions:
- Is there group work?
- Do they provide resources or "help" with finding a practicum site / preceptor?
- Two of the practicum courses are titled the same (ex. 5200 and 5201 are title Primary Care of the Childrearing Family; and 5202 and 5203 are Primary Care of Adults and the Elderly) question is do you take BOTH 5200 and 5201 during the same semester? Do they run the entire 16 week semester or are the 8 week courses?
Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I'd also like any information or feedback about the program and your experiences/feelings :)