i used kaplan on demand because i really wanted to review my content. i liked that they had a payment plan, also if you sign up for their free stategy seminar online they give you a promo code for 50$ off the kaplan course. i liked that i could do it at my own pace and on my own time. i graduated may 4th 2012 and took about a week off from everything. i was working also. i scheduled my exam for june 28th and took 1 month to study. i had to go through the kaplan course pretty hard since i only had a month.
kaplan qt 1-7 scores:
qt1: 58, qt2: 58, qt3: 59, qt4: 47, qt5: 60, qt6: 61, qt7: 62
- kaplan qbank average: 64% (only did about 40% because of time)
- kaplan diagnostic test: 58%
- kaplan readiness test: 62%
- total practice questions completed: 8,000
- how long did you prepare: 1 month
- questions per day: 100-150
- books: i used 2 books: kaplan 2011-12 for test taking strategies.
- nclex result and # of ques: took nclex had between 110-120 questions sata, priority, exhibit, drop drag, pictures, math, and meds! i finished in 1hr and 45 min with one break.
i was very nervous went down to the testing site the night before with two other ladies i studied and went to school with. we went swimming, ate out and talked about nclex we studied but only minimal. i woke up way to early it was hard for me to sleep, ate (even though my stomach hurt) and went to the testing site. after sitting down my nerves got the best of me and i took a break after 25 questions went back in and felt 100 times better and finished the test. i felt good about it but was nervous because i felt so good about it. did the pvt around 4pm that night about 6hours after my test and got the good popup!
i can honestly say i felt very prepared after using kaplan questions to me were along the same line as nclex. plus they have alot of sata!