I will try to help you in any way that I can and do my best to answer your questions.
1) If you wish to attend a Community College LVN to RN bridge program, then you will need to complete a list of pre-requisites. Each school has different requirements, so you will need to look at the school at an individual basis. Private schools such as Azusa Pacific, West Coast and Mt Saint Marys all have a bridge program that are very expensive. The cheapest was West Coast of the 3 and without pre-reqs done it was around $125,000.00
2) This again all depends. You need to look at each school individually. In OC, there is Cypress & Cerritos community college that both have an LVN to RN bridge. So that is the most affordable route.
3) Yes. I have done it and administrative work is not for me. Unless I am not physically able to nurse, then I will go back to doing it. Also, you are watched like a hawk while working from home or in a cubical. It wasn't my cup of tea and super boring.
4) See above responses
5) California does not coordinate LVN or RN licenses with any other state, so they are not a compact state.
6) I have never heard of this school, sorry
I hope I helped and good luck to you! Thank you for your service!!!