Hi, I'm about to enroll in a nursing school and I am receiving a grant to do so. The grant application requires that I interview a nurse about his/her job. If anyone could please take the time out to answer a few of these questions, I would be forever thankful!!
1. What duties or activities are involved in this profession?
2. What are the positive aspects of your profession?
3. What do you dislike about being an RN?
4. What employers hire this type of position. (List at least 3)
5. What starting salary can I expect? ("It varies", isn't enough)
6. If I had been working in this field for the past 10 years, what could I potentially be earning?
7. How could I get started in this profession?
8. Is classroom training the only way to enter this profession? If so, what are the minimum requirements and which schools would you suggest I look into or stay away from?
9. If classroom training isn't the only way, how else could I get started?
10. Can you think of anything else I should know or think about while considering this profession? (For example: working hours, working conditions...)