Hey, first of all congrats! I graduate this December and here are the biggest things I've learned in nursing school.
1. Eat healthy. - You can't make it through clinical off of a doughnut or a pack of crackers.
2. Get good sleep.- Studying is important but I've found sleep is even more important. If you are studying and you can't keep your eyes open...just go on to sleep. If you are that tired you won't retain it anyways.
3. Study hard.- I'm sure you know this already..! Go home and review what you did that day. If you have ANY questions or don't understand something, ASK! Then smallest concept that you don't grasp can become major. All the stuff you learn just builds on to itself.
4. Take time for yourself.- At least once a week do something you enjoy. I take Friday nights off from studying and I go out with my boyfriend or friends. Very rarely did I break that. You have to stay healthy emotionally!
5. Strike up friendships with girls in your class. -They will always have your back and will be there to ask those questions that you might be too embarrased to ask your teacher!
6. Have an outlet. - Whether it's walking, reading a novel (dont know anyone that has time for that lol), playing with your dog, praying, swimming... If you get frustrated or just can't study anymore. Take a break and do something to get your energy out.
7. Learn how you retain info best and study that way.-Find out if you are more of a visual or audio person.
And last but not least...
8. Don't ever give up. -You've made it this far.. you can do this! Even when all odds are against you. If you make a bad grade..don't give up. Just keep trying. It's hard but its do-able. It takes sweat, blood, and tears- but be dedicated and stick with it.
Hope that helps! Good luck!