1. How long were you or have you been an LPN? 19 years
2. Where did you attend school? At a Technical College in Minnesota
3. Where did you or do you currently practice and in what area of nursing? Surgery department in an out-patient clinic for the last 12 years. Before that I spend seven years working in long term care.
4. What seems to be the biggest difference in your role as an LPN compared to the RN's in your practice setting? RN's are managers or work in departments such as oncology, GI, or Urgent care which require assessments and IV starts/sedation.
5. Have you thought about returning to school to further your education? Certainly, but I couldn't work in my current position as an RN and I very much like my job.
6. Are you now or have you ever been affiliated with any LPN associations or organizations? No
7. Would you encourage anyone else to pursue a career as an LPN? Yes
8. Do you feel if you left your current practice (as an LPN) that there would be opportunities in other areas for practice? LPN's jobs are plentiful in long term care and home care in the area. The area clinics are usually hiring too.
9. Do you hold or have you held a leadership position in your practice setting? No, and I don't want to.