1. When did you graduate? May 10, 2008
2. What school, what degree? Lincoln University, ASN
3. Did you feel the program was clinically strong? NO
4. What department do you work in? Acute Rehab
5. Was this your goal department? No, I wanted ICU
6. (here comes the scholastic part) We are studying the Four Steps of New Nurse reality shock. Honeymoon phase (job is great!), Shock Phase (OMG i am responsible for peoples Lives!!!), Recovery (it's getting better), and Resolution (feel your own personal growth as a nurse)...What stage do you feel you are in right now?
OMG, I'm responsible for peoples LIVES!!!!!!
7. Are you encouraged by the "veteran nurses" you work with? Are you comfortable asking them for advice?
Mostly encouraged, and yes I have no problems asking for advice (which I would do even if they were snotty).
8. Please number the following skills in order from your strongest to least strongest...Interpersonal/communication skills
Clinical skills 2
Organizational skills 4
Priority setting skills 1
9. Which of the above do you think should be a nurses strongest skill?
10. Do you feel personal growth in these skills in the time you have been working as a nurse, or do you feel you will always have room to grow?
Both... I feel every day I work I improve in all these aspects, as I become more familiar with my patient population and learn the ropes. I also believe that I will always have room to grow in learning new and improved/better ways to do things.
Thank You so so so so much!!!!