Hi! I am a nursing student completing a project on Diabetes in pregnancy (either those who already have it or gestational diabetes) and the associated risks. I was wondering if any of you out there that have experience in OB or with diabetic mothers could answer a few questions for me? I would really appreciate it!
1. Have you seen an overall increase in diabetes in pregnancy? If yes, why do you think that might be?
2. What are some of the complications you have seen in both mothers and infants before or after pregnancy?
3. Are C-sections more common in these mothers?
4. Do you see it reoccurring in mothers? (Gestational Diabetes)
5. What role do you play with mothers who have diabetes?
6. How long have you worked in this field? And what is your title.
7. Anything else I should know?
Thanks in advance!