was very pleased to be in the audience as governor rendell spoke about his:
pennsylvania health care reform act: rx for pa
this plan proposes broad changes positively impacting nursing and healthcare professions in pa including
nurse midwifes and crna's having prescriptive powers in area specialization
1. nurses will be able to provide all of the services for which they are trained and educated.
2. patients will have better access to care through authorized nurse managed care centers.
3.the availability of core primary care options will be expanded to reduce unnecessary expenses caused by overuse of the emergency room for basic treatment.
4. new opportunities for nurses and nurse educators will be created through the pa center for health careers.
5. clear legal definitions of clinical nurse specialists will be established to better protect both patients and nurses.
6. nurse midwives will be authorized to prescribe drugs associated with obstetrical and gynecological practices, as well as be reimbursed directly by health insurers for services provided.
7. advanced practice nurses and other non-physician health care providers will be reimbursed at the same rate as other health care providers when they provide the same services.
8. the state will provide start up funding and logistical support for authorized nurse managed health care facilities and ensure that these facilities are included in provider networks as primary care providers.
read the governor's plan
powerpoint: [color=#d59f0f]governor's rendell's prescription for pennsylvania presentation
[color=#173f6e]rx for affordability
for 767,000 uninsured pennsylvania adults, prescription for pennsylvania means having the confidence that a sudden illness will not lead to unnecessary personal suffering and bankruptcy.
[color=#173f6e]rx for access
not all pennsylvanians have access to primary care providers and services.
[color=#173f6e]rx for quality
improving quality goes hand-in-hand with bringing costs under control for businesses and families struggling to pay their own health care premiums.
house bill 700 legislation
use this easy link from pa nurses to send letter to your pa legislator:
support hb 700!!!
please contact your state representative/senator and urge them to support governor rendell's "prescription for pennsylvania."
: take action