What does your district do with the kids who are severely allergic to peanuts, via inhilation? They have EpiPens at school. I heard of a school in GA that made natl. news when the banned peanut, peanut butter in the school. I currently have several kids at my school who have listed peanuts as an allergy. I have 2 who are lethally allergic to it. All the other schools in my district hire a CNA to sit in the class room, with the EpiPen, in case of a reaction. But for some reason my school doesn't have anyone to sit with these kids even though I've requested it. I have asked parents to help out by not sending PB to school, to no avail. Some have even gotten letters from thier Docs stating that thier kid must have PB in his lunch. So making the school peanut free has not worked. Now I have another student who is allergic to coconut, severely, has an EpiPen, and a Hx of going into full anaphylaxisis after ingesting Coconut. I have another who is lethally allergic to OJ and oranges with an Epi Pen for just in case. None of these kids has an asst. It all makes me very nervous! It's getting to the point that I could never ask for all the allergic foods to be banned from the school but these kids are at a real risk of dying if they are exposed.I'm hearing the peanut allergy is the "in thing". WHAT?? Anyway just curious if any one else is seeing more and more allergies that cause a child to code in thier schools. And, how do you handle all this at your schools???I can see both sides of this situation as my own children are in a teaching magnet at a local high school. They are preschoolers and I PAY for them to be there! They have one new child this year who is contact allergic and also has a pen. They are in the process of banning PB at the PreK. My kids eat it atleast 3X/W and it's the only sandwich that gets eaten in thier lunches. Lunch meats and cheese come home partially eaten in thier lunch box. The PreK does not provide lunches. The allergic kids mom works at the HS and takes him out of the class room every day for lunch. Before he returns, the tables are cleaned and the other kids wash thier hands. Since he is a contact allergy that leaves the classroom for lunch, I'm having a hard time understanding why the are banning the PB! Since I must pay for my kids to be there and they provide NO lunch, is it legal for them to do this? Thank you to all who respond to this thread. I really need some advice and insight into all of this. HUGS.