Jump to content

OCCC-TRADITIONAL Spring 2021

Posted

You are reading page 2 of OCCC-TRADITIONAL Spring 2021. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

by kayleen kayleen (New) New Student

On 9/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, Michelle S. said:

A little off-topic...

I just looked on self-service to register for late fall and noticed that I now have two programs listed: One is AA Liberal Studies (which is what I've always had) and now there is also AAS Traditional Nursing ... does this mean something??! I certainly didn't add it. I guess it's possible my advisor changed something, but he's been kind of MIA and didn't really help me apply. 

I wonder if this is automatically added for everyone that applies or if it means something. I think I'm just grasping at straws, though.  

I noticed this happened to my OCCC portal as well. I just got on there to check something out and my student portal which has been blank since I am not an OCCC student now has been completely filled out with Nursing as my major and all my transfer courses added with an anticipated start date of January 2021 for "AAS Nursing". I am wondering the same thing. I am not sure if they do that for everyone that applies or what but it took me by surprise, especially since I have never attended classed at OCCC. The good news is it looks like they have all my credits transferred and in the system correctly. 

hjohnson

Has 3 years experience.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:27 PM, Michelle S. said:

A little off-topic...

I just looked on self-service to register for late fall and noticed that I now have two programs listed: One is AA Liberal Studies (which is what I've always had) and now there is also AAS Traditional Nursing ... does this mean something??! I certainly didn't add it. I guess it's possible my advisor changed something, but he's been kind of MIA and didn't really help me apply. 

I wonder if this is automatically added for everyone that applies or if it means something. I think I'm just grasping at straws, though.  

I noticed this as well on my account. I am not an OCCC student so it was a little surprising to see that everything had been filled in relating to nursing. Mine shows the anticipated completion date which would be accurate if I started in the Spring. I really don't want to get my hopes up, especially this early on, ha! 

On 9/20/2020 at 3:25 AM, Ashley_Michelle77 said:

I noticed this happened to my OCCC portal as well. I just got on there to check something out and my student portal which has been blank since I am not an OCCC student now has been completely filled out with Nursing as my major and all my transfer courses added with an anticipated start date of January 2021 for "AAS Nursing". I am wondering the same thing. I am not sure if they do that for everyone that applies or what but it took me by surprise, especially since I have never attended classed at OCCC. The good news is it looks like they have all my credits transferred and in the system correctly. 

Where does it say anticipated start date on your account? Mine only says the anticipated completion date. I don't know what to think of this but I wish I would have seen it a lot closer to the 4-6 week mark and not only a few weeks into the waiting period haha.

@hjohnson Oh, you are correct. Sorry, this portal thing is confusing and new to me so I am still trying to navigate it since I am not an OCCC student either. In the "my progress" part of the portal is just has an anticipated completion date. It was application login portal, in the "area of interest" that had the start date/entry date information. Either way, thanks for letting us know yours was all filled out too! Maybe its a good sign 🙂 or maybe they fill everyone's out LOL who knows. Seems like tedious work. 

Also wanted to pass along this info to you guys from the BADNAP Spring 2021 board. A girl on there said she spoke with the nursing department on Friday and they told her that they received 300 traditional applications. Apparently they told her and they were very VERY surprised to have so many applicants because a) the Spring typically doesn't see that many applicants and b) because of COVID they didn't know what to expect. Anyway, I guess just because there are 300 applicants, doesn't mean they are all competitive. Being that most campuses were closed for 6-ish months, my advisor told me that many students hit roadblocks with testing and preference point opportunities so many students he had spoken to had to apply with preference points on the lower end. I don't know if any of this info is helpful but I thought I would pass it along. *fingers crossed*. 

Edited by Ashley_Michelle77

hjohnson

Has 3 years experience.

Ashley_Michelle77 it's okay! I think it's super confusing too. Lets just hope it's a good sign!

Also, that is a ton of applicants 😑 I was hoping it would be a lot less due to the current situation but we'll see what happens.

I was afraid it would be more competitive this semester. My thought was that those who were going to apply for / did apply for the Fall cohort held back and are now applying for this semester.

Or maybe lots of people lost their jobs? Maybe it's the crisis effect? Who knows, but I guess we won't be hearing anything anytime soon.

Hi everyone! I applied for SP 21 with 17 preference points and am also just dying to hear back about the applications. I did figure that the Spring would get a higher than usual number of applicants because people had extra time where they could take some extra classes or be home and off of work to focus on them more, but 300 seems like waaaaaaay more than I was even thinking. I also wonder what the typical amount of applicants is though compared to the 300? Anyways, good luck to you all!! Fingers crossed that we all hear something soon and can breathe hahaha 

I got in!! Now I need to decide if I'm going to go ahead with Spring or apply for Fall instead...

Good luck to you all!

7 minutes ago, Michelle S. said:

I got in!! Now I need to decide if I'm going to go ahead with Spring or apply for Fall instead...

Good luck to you all!

Congrats to you!  I have applied to the Spring 2021 BADNAP program, I decided not to try for the traditional, but I'm so glad the emails are going out for you all!  I know it's a long wait!

I just got my acceptance email!! Goodluck to everyone!

Does anyone have any idea what clinical and lab times will be like for the Spring? I'm trying to figure out if I need to find after school care 😬.

27 minutes ago, Michelle S. said:

Does anyone have any idea what clinical and lab times will be like for the Spring? I'm trying to figure out if I need to find after school care 😬.

I have a friend who is in second semester. If I heard her correctly you get to rank the times and days for clinicals 1-10 and who knows what you will get. She said shes always gotten her top pick but shes seen others get their 8th or 9th. She said you don't usually have clinicals and labs the same week, but said labs were not consistent every week so she couldnt really tell me the schedule for that. We should get the lab schedule at orientation and she said it stayed true, except for when the ice storm hit.

Edited by ashleyjacob

Family2133

Has 1 years experience.

I got accepted with 17 points. Does any one have a picture of the class, lab & clinicals schedules? I work 8am-5pm