Amenorrhea - what is *wrong* with me??

  1. I'm calling on fellow nurses to help me with a little problem I'm having. I'm 34 y/o, gravida 4, and my cycles run 28-35 days but I'm now at nearly 50 days since LMP. Pg tests are all negative -- pg would be against the odds anyway since hubby had vas 18 months ago. Only sx are fatigue (which I could blame on stress, lack of sleep, etc) and a mild "crampy" feeling for last 2 weeks -- honestly a lot like the stretching/growing crampiness when first preggers.

    I'm starting to worry something else might be going on... Is this fairly common? Should I just sit this out for a while or would you recommend getting in to OBGYN and getting some answers?
  2. Visit PJMommy profile page

    About PJMommy

    Joined: Apr '03; Posts: 518; Likes: 47


  3. by   sjoe
    self-censored post
  4. by   suzanne4
    After rechecking a pregnancy test, have you lost much weight recently or been under increased stress? Both of those can cause your cycle to be late or not even come.

    Vasectomies are NOT 100% fool-proof.
    Bilateral tubal ligations are NOT 100% fool-proof. If I have a patient going to surgery and they have had a BTL, I still get a preg test. One weekend of working an ER in Arizona long ago I had three sifferent patients that had BTLS and were found to be pregnant. The procedure had been done by three different doctors in three different states. Plus many others, but because of the three in one day it always remains in my mind. And they were of all ages, 25 to 45. Unless that uterus has gone to pathology, there is always a way to get pregnant!

    Good luck and hope things work out for you.
  5. by   RedSox33RN
    Have you done OTC tests, or had a blood test? With my first two children, I never got a positive urine test, only blood test. I remember that crampy, stretchy, "is-my-period-going-to-start-any-minute" feeling when I was first pregnant too.
  6. by   SmilingBluEyes
    See your doctor please. It sounds like a possible endocrine problem.......or something amiss that only a doctor/NP can diagnose. I wish you the best.