Just wanted to say hi to all, and say I love this site! Almost two years ago, I was just playing with the thought of being a nurse. And I decided to casually look into it, via the web. Then I happened upon this site a couple of months ago. I can't tell you how much I was inspired to go for it, just from reading the threads.
Big THANK YOU to all the nureses on allnurses.com!
A bit about me...
- Army Combat Medic '95-'99
- last jobs were in telecomm
- decided to change careers and go back to school a couple of months ago... chose medicine a month ago.
- Looking really hard at Excelsior because my situation won't allow traditional nurse schooling
Going back to school, financing, study systems, time management, etc... all the things I'll need to know and be proficient in, represent a daunting hill to climb at 40 years old. (yeesh!) Daunting,... but definetly doable!
I'm soliciting to any and all... for help, support, and guidance.
- and I'm determined to "gidder done!"
- I think I'll make a good nurse
And I thank you all ahead of time. This is a great, and much needed forum.