Nurse in trouble


nurse in trouble with felony evading charge(state jail felony), board investigating this. also possible poss of controlled substance. Can tpapn, attorney help me? what do you know about stayed suspension? anyone been here before. been a nurse 12 yrs, never in trouble. please, any input appreciated.

allnurses Guide

ghillbert, MSN, NP

3,796 Posts

Specializes in CTICU. Has 27 years experience.

I'd definitely get a lawyer if I were you.

do you know anyone even CLOSE to this postition. i see all these nurses getting disciplned in newsletter, doing harmdful things to patients, and it seems like they give them a chance. i just wonder how tolerant of felony charges.

BelleKat, BSN, RN

1 Article; 284 Posts

Specializes in CVICU, Burns, Trauma, BMT, Infection control. Has 36 years experience.

Hi,you need to consult a lawyer asap.

Editorial Team / Admin


18 Articles; 30,653 Posts

Specializes in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB.

questions we seem to be encountering more and more often have to do with the effects of a criminal history on nursing licensure:

  • is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a criminal history and if so, can i get a job?
  • is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a mip, dui, or other related charges?
  • what happens if you are charged or convicted of a crime after licensure?
  • can i go to nursing school and/or be licensed/be employed if my record has been sealed or expunged?
  • will i be able to go to nursing school and/or attend clinicals with a criminal record?
  • what can happen if i receive a mip/dui/dwi or other charge while still in school?

these are questions that the members of cannot answer. the only reliable source of information is your state board of nursing.

if you are currently licensed as a nurse and have been charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor including dui/dwi or any criminal offense, you need to contact the bon in every state you hold a license/wish to be licensed and ask their reporting requirements.

please seek legal counsel.

This topic is now closed to further replies.