Jump to content

NCLEX-PN COVID drama

Hello all!

I've recently submitted my application to the CA board for NCLEX PN on 04/30, in the midst of the COVID pandemic currently taking place. My application had 1 deficiency, and that was the "Record of Nursing Program" documentation, so my school submitted that information and the board acknowledged the receiving of this on 05/12. Now over 1 month later, I have yet to receive an ATT from PearsonVue (I registered with them early May, shortly after submitting my application) and every day that goes by, my anxiety shoots through the roof. Tried emailing my evaluator with ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE, have called countless times and they assure me that I will be contacted by a supervisor...and again.....no response as of now. At this point I really just want to get the exam over with, being that I've completed my nursing program in February, but due to owing the school my remaining balance of tuition (private school for LVN...that's a whole different subject LOL) they delayed sending my documents until everything was paid in full, so I've basically been waiting to finally be able to schedule for the NCLEX since February, and for me to not receive any word back yet on eligibility has really gotten to me. I guess all I can really do now is wait it out until the evaluation is complete, but if anyone else is going through something similar or have any suggestions please share! thanks

I’m from Oklahoma and kind of in the same boat. Submitted my application and most of the required documentation March 30th. All they needed was my transcript. About 2 weeks after my transcript was mailed (May 6th), I tried calling for 2 weeks straight to make sure they received it since I hadn’t heard from them. Left voicemails, emails, no response. Finally got a hold of someone last week and that’s when they told me they received my transcript on May 11th (about a month ago). They basically told me they’d have to check on my application and they’d call me back later that day. They didn’t. Called back 2 days later to check on it again and was told the same thing. Didn’t get a call back. A week later, my application still says “pending” on the board’s website and still no ATT. Not sure what to do at this point. I don’t want to keep calling and bug them but this has been a 3 month process and the wait is killing me.

1 hour ago, ckay96 said:

I’m from Oklahoma and kind of in the same boat. Submitted my application and most of the required documentation March 30th. All they needed was my transcript. About 2 weeks after my transcript was mailed (May 6th), I tried calling for 2 weeks straight to make sure they received it since I hadn’t heard from them. Left voicemails, emails, no response. Finally got a hold of someone last week and that’s when they told me they received my transcript on May 11th (about a month ago). They basically told me they’d have to check on my application and they’d call me back later that day. They didn’t. Called back 2 days later to check on it again and was told the same thing. Didn’t get a call back. A week later, my application still says “pending” on the board’s website and still no ATT. Not sure what to do at this point. I don’t want to keep calling and bug them but this has been a 3 month process and the wait is killing me.

I definitely understand your struggle, and it is exactly similar to mine. This wait is killing me, and It's gotten to the point to where I find it extremely difficult to keep up with my studying routine, and the motivation to study at all at this point. I'm going to try and give them a call today and see if I have ANY luck with getting a conclusive answer. I hope you find out something soon as well!

6 hours ago, pweezy2460 said:

I definitely understand your struggle, and it is exactly similar to mine. This wait is killing me, and It's gotten to the point to where I find it extremely difficult to keep up with my studying routine, and the motivation to study at all at this point. I'm going to try and give them a call today and see if I have ANY luck with getting a conclusive answer. I hope you find out something soon as well!

I did get an email an hour ago! My situation is just a tad bit different. I’m in an RN program and I’m taking NCLEX-PN while I’m trying to finish the program. I had to submit an LPN equivalency application in addition to the RN/LPN application, and it was approved today. Hopefully things move quickly from here! Did you get in touch with anyone?

16 hours ago, ckay96 said:

I did get an email an hour ago! My situation is just a tad bit different. I’m in an RN program and I’m taking NCLEX-PN while I’m trying to finish the program. I had to submit an LPN equivalency application in addition to the RN/LPN application, and it was approved today. Hopefully things move quickly from here! Did you get in touch with anyone?

Nice!! Did the email have your ATT? Have you scheduled for the test yet? I still have not spoken to anyone nor received an email, so I'm giving them a call today and demanding to speak to a Supervisor. This whole process has been the worst, most frustrating experience I've ever encountered.

No ATT yet. My LPN/RN application still has to be approved. Hopefully it will before the weekend. And yes not a great experience so far, but with COVID, everything is messed up. 🙄

30 minutes ago, ckay96 said:

No ATT yet. My LPN/RN application still has to be approved. Hopefully it will before the weekend. And yes not a great experience so far, but with COVID, everything is messed up. 🙄

Oh okay, yeah it has definitely messed everything up....but try and stay positive! We will get through this and everything will hopefully pan out smoothly

STILL nothing, guys! My anxiety is rising by the day and motivation is dropping off by the day as well smh this sucks. Hoping to hear soon

2 hours ago, pweezy2460 said:

STILL nothing, guys! My anxiety is rising by the day and motivation is dropping off by the day as well smh this sucks. Hoping to hear soon

That’s crazy! I haven’t heard anything since Wednesday. Still no ATT. 😭

OP, have you heard anything? I got my ATT this past Monday and test Next Monday!

On 6/25/2020 at 6:52 PM, ckay96 said:

OP, have you heard anything? I got my ATT this past Monday and test Next Monday!

Wooow CONGRATS!! You got this!!

I spoke with a rep on Friday and she stated that it shows in the system my evaluator is only on May 8th with "follow-up documents" to evaluate, and being that they received my Record of Nursing program document (as a deficient document they needed to evaluate, after receiving my application on April 30th), she has yet to evaluate my document. Also, in terms of productivity and workload, SHE'S ONLY MOVED 2 DAYS WITHIN THE LAST 2 WEEKS SO SHE'S EXTREMELY BEHIND, even more behind than other evaluators. So my luck has to be of the worst, I've even requested for a change in evaluator but according to them that's "impossible", so I just don't know what else to do besides wait. This entire process has literally drained the life out of me, and im nowhere near exaggerating. smh

I Honestly don't see why we, as applicants, have to suffer the consequences of an evaluator falling behind due to her lack of diligence. It's appalling to say the least

1 hour ago, pweezy2460 said:

Also, in terms of productivity and workload, SHE'S ONLY MOVED 2 DAYS WITHIN THE LAST 2 WEEKS SO SHE'S EXTREMELY BEHIND, even more behind than other evaluators. So my luck has to be of the worst, I've even requested for a change in evaluator but according to them that's "impossible", so I just don't know what else to do besides wait. This entire process has literally drained the life out of me, and im nowhere near exaggerating. smh

WOW!, that’s terrible!! I wonder what is causing her to fall so far behind the others? I hope she kicks it into high gear so you can get your test taken soon! I can’t imagine the frustration.

And thank you!!

17 hours ago, ckay96 said:

WOW!!, that’s terrible!! I wonder what is causing her to fall so far behind the others? I hope she kicks it into high gear so you can get your test taken soon! I can’t imagine the frustration.

And thank you!!

I don't understand it as well, and was one of my main questions that none of the representatives have been able to answer. Even my school has been hounding me asking if they've cleared me yet. But hopefully this week is my week!

You're welcome! Let us know how it goes!!

JUST called and spoke to another representative, she checked and my evaluator's status shows she's now on documents that were received May 11th so she should be evaluating my documents "any day now". So let's just see, fingers crossed!

@ckay96 Thank you!

Called today and the (rude) representative that I spoke to stated that my evaluator is now FINALLY on May 12th with her workload, and that I should be receiving my eligibility letter in the mail within 2 weeks. Questions....

1) Does this letter contain the ATT to schedule my NCLEX PN date? I was under the impression that this will be emailed to me. And is the eligibility letter and my notice with the ATT the same document?

2) I simultaneously registered through PearsonVue by paying for the NCLEX-PN and setting up my account, after sending my application to the nursing board. Was this a bad idea? I've gotten mixed suggestions on doing this and not doing this, which has made me even more confused

Sorry for my endless questions everyone, but this matter has left me confused, fatigued, anxious, distraught.....all of the above, and I CAN NOT WAIT until this is all successfully over with. In the meantime I will still be doing my U World testbank questions

IDK if this is helpful, but here’s how my process went (situation was also slightly different and submitted applications out of order, whoops):

3/30/20: Submitted LPN application and required documentation (evidence of status, marriage license, etc.)

The next week: Submitted LPN equivalency application and required documentation (I’m in an RN program and wrote NCLEX for LPN so this application was required for me)

Paid and registered for NCLEX through PearsonVue (not sure on the date when I did that but I believe it was sometime mid-May and I also did this before I knew my LPN application was approved)

6/22/20: Received ATT via email and scheduled NCLEX for 6/29/20

I never received anything via paper mail. I’m in Oklahoma so that may differ as well.

×

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.

OK