Question about BON, Pearson Vue, etc.

  1. Hi all,

    My school is completely unhelpful in this matter so I'm posting my question here.

    I sent my required documentation to the board via certified mail in mid-November 2005. Am I supposed to wait to hear from the California BON to send me some kind of paperwork before I pay my NCLEX fee to Pearson Vue? Or do I go ahead and pay the fee now?

    Thanks in advance for your help!
  2. Visit NTPinky profile page

    About NTPinky, MSN, RN

    Joined: May '04; Posts: 160; Likes: 27


  3. by   Southern_Male_Nurse
    When I took the lpn boards, I paid my state fee first, then waited for my letter to take the boards arrived. If you pay both at the same time, and if the BON doesn't approve your application, not only are you out of your states' application money (if they have a no return policy), but you are also out of the money sent in for the testing. Personally, I know you want to do both at the same time, to get things rolling, but for your financial stand point, I would wait till your state BON gives you the go ahead. Maryland gives you one year after they approve the application to take the test, so that you have plenty of time to send in your testing application to Vue. Hope this helps.
  4. by   suzanne4
    The biggest issue is if you graduated from a US school or not.. And if I remember correctly, you did not. CA takes four to six months before you will get your approval. Do not send payment or anything else until that time to Pearson-Vue. Otherwise, you will have only a 90 days window to take the exam, once Pearson-Vue sends you the ATT, and you cannot always get an appt that quick to sit the exam, depending on the center and when you are ready, and you want to make sure that your credentials are accepted.