i prefer VT over CA

  1. I like Vt because of its location.. I like the East Coast.. And the snow.. And im scared of earthquakes.. (sorry Ca)

    Anyway Im from the Philippines. and Im working as a Rad. Nurse.. Just wondering If VT requires CGFNS for foreign nurses..Im planning to take NCLEX now and I still dont have a Visa.. Would that be possible? Thanks
  2. Visit yoo jin profile page

    About yoo jin

    Joined: Mar '05; Posts: 119; Likes: 30
    Specialty: EENT, Radiology, Neuroscience


  3. by   EricJRN
    Hi Yoo Jin! I moved your question to the International Forum, which is the best place for information about obtaining US licensure. Good luck to you.
  4. by   augigi
    Vermont do their own assessment of educational transcripts and licensure. Just check out the sticky posts in the International Forum, or the VT Board of Nursing website. You do not need CGNFS certification for VT.

    VT BON: Vermont Secretary of State - Office of Professional Regulation
  5. by   lawrence01
    No, it doesn't. You have to instruct your school to send in your full transcripts and clinicals plus the forms VT requires them to fill up. You also have to send in your personal application separately.

    I recommend reading the stickies above, esp. Suzanne's "Primer". We also have threads here concerning experiences of those who have applied for VT already.

    You can go to their official website to download the application forms and instructions for foreign nurses. Links of websites can be seen at the "Primer". They also do not require fingerprint cards/background checks when applying.

    Welcome to allnurses.com:spin: