Thanks - any and all - MAny years ago working in central QLD I devised an "Envenomation observation chart as I got frustrated watching nurses do the Glasgow Coma score on envenomated patients where the problem was not going to be loss of consciousness but rather paralysis, DIC and myotoxic effects.
It was frustrating watching nurses with good intentions checking the pupils for change unaware that the ability to open the eyes was more indicative of systemic envenomation.
I have to an update on my research but this is an area that has a plethora of medical reports and virtually no nursing literature to guide care.
What observations do you do?
Do you mobilize your patients before you discharge them
What discharge advice do you give the patients (apart from "don't get bitten again"
What are the common indicators of serious envenomation? With snakebite a common indicator is headache but there is no research confirming whether this is common to all envenomations or just snakebite.
I am less familiar with funnel web bite than I am with snake bite, red back and marine envenomation.
PS don't post pictures our American cousins tend to freak out when they see the size of our spiders