Huntington Hospital RN Residency April 2022

Posted

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to start this thread to help anyone who applied for Huntington Hospital's RN Residency Program that starts in April 2022. This can be used to provide status updates on applications or interviews. Thank you! 

en_31

en_31, BSN, RN

9 Posts

Hey! Which unit did you apply to? I had an interview and received an offer for the surgical unit :) 

mmdanielle3

mmdanielle3

18 Posts

19 minutes ago, en_31 said:

Hey! Which unit did you apply to? I had an interview and received an offer for the surgical unit :) 

Hi, Congratulations!! That is so great to hear. I have any interview this week with Med Surg/Tele Unit :) I would love to know if you have any advice ?

en_31

en_31, BSN, RN

9 Posts

32 minutes ago, mmdanielle3 said:

Hi, Congratulations!! That is so great to hear. I have any interview this week with Med Surg/Tele Unit :) I would love to know if you have any advice ?

Basically know about your reason for choosing Huntington and your unit of choice. And then how do you manage stress, tell them about yourself, behavioral Qs (ie how do u deal with difficult pt). They asked some random ones like whats your fav clinical rotations and why. They didn't ask me any clinical Qs

mmdanielle3

mmdanielle3

18 Posts

21 hours ago, en_31 said:

Basically know about your reason for choosing Huntington and your unit of choice. And then how do you manage stress, tell them about yourself, behavioral Qs (ie how do u deal with difficult pt). They asked some random ones like whats your fav clinical rotations and why. They didn't ask me any clinical Qs

Thank you so much for the interview tips. I really appreciate it! If you don’t mind me asking, were you an internal candidate or external? I heard they hire a lot of internal candidates but I’m hoping they also hire external candidates too. 

en_31

en_31, BSN, RN

9 Posts

3 hours ago, mmdanielle3 said:

Thank you so much for the interview tips. I really appreciate it! If you don’t mind me asking, were you an internal candidate or external? I heard they hire a lot of internal candidates but I’m hoping they also hire external candidates too. 

No worries :) Good luck! I’m an external candidate, so I think you have a chance of getting in! 

rt_94

rt_94

Specializes in MSU/Tele. Has 1 years experience. 2 Posts

Congratulations En_31 on the job offer, and best of luck mmdanielle3!

I also applied to the surgical unit and had pretty much the same interview questions as en_31. No Clincial questions. My interview lasted around 15-20 minutes. I was wondering when did you receive an offer en_31?  I had my interview on 2/17. 

en_31

en_31, BSN, RN

9 Posts

@rt_94 I had the interview on 2/17 and got an offer the next day. 

rt_94

rt_94

Specializes in MSU/Tele. Has 1 years experience. 2 Posts

@en_31 wow they got back to you so fast. Congratulations again. I hope they’re hiring multiple applicants for their program. 

en_31

en_31, BSN, RN

9 Posts

@rt_94 thank you! I hope they get back to you soon 🙏🏻 

pro_buttwiper

pro_buttwiper

Has 1 years experience. 4 Posts

I received a follow-up call for a second interview for surgical tele. Does anyone have any tips for me on what to expect or what questions they will be asking? Thanks in advance!

mmdanielle3

mmdanielle3

18 Posts

I got an offer for Medical Surgical/ Telemetry:)