Online regs for private pay HHA

  1. I have been looking all over the internet to find regs for home care agencies that are private pay (nonMedicare/Medicaid). So far I have been unable to locate any. Does anyone have any idea where I can find them? Thanks.
  2. Visit luvbeinganurse profile page

    About luvbeinganurse

    Joined: Aug '02; Posts: 37; Likes: 1
    home health nurse (self-pay and insurances)


  3. by   hoolahan
    It depends on what agency they are accredited by, eg JACHO, CHAP, or usually the commission for homecare accreditation if it is a PCA agency. They will have to follow the reg's of that agency then. If they aren't accredited by any agency, I would report them or at least inquire about them with your state dept of health.
  4. by   NRSKarenRN
    Each states department of health is responsible for issuing a license IF the agency chooses to be a licensed one. Some states permit private pay services with only a business license---check under department of heatlh, health facilities regulations.


    Check out extensive healthcare administrators links:

    Pam Pohly's Net Guide: Toolbox for Health Administrators
    Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Aug 31, '02
  5. by   nursemicke
  6. by   renerian
    Yes go to the state health department you live in and you will find information there. I agree it depends also on if you have any accred......or if you put them in a non certified division which makes it easier....

  7. by   luvbeinganurse
    Thanks, everyone! Yes, the agency is state licensed and JACHO accredited, but there are questions about some of the policies, and we have not been able to find answers. But I will start with all of your suggestions - thanks very much!
  8. by   NRSKarenRN
    Thought about your request some more:

    Check to see if your agency gets ELl's report or Home Health Line. They are the news sources for home care and include regulations in them.

    See National Association for Home Care's website: