Okay, I am sure this is going to be very long, so bear with me.
My whole journey back into school started a couple months ago. Ever since I went to school in 2001 for my one semester of pre-nursing, I have wanted to go back but it just wasn't realistic for us.
A couple months ago, we decided that I really had to go back to work to help out with the finances. My husband has a good job but it sure doesn't pay much especially with another mouth to feed when Bryce was born in October. So, I called a local place that I knew of because my Aunt works there. I had also considered applying there last year for their CNA training with a job to follow. Well, I applied waaaay back, almost a month ago and they said I would hear from them within 7-10 days. I then decided to apply to go to school part time with the intention of starting full time in the nursing program in the fall of 2005.
Just last Saturday, I got my acceptance letter for school, accepting me into the nursing program starting THIS fall. At first, I was scared but I became thrilled because we had already talked about how maybe I should have applied for this coming fall. It just felt like it was meant to be. So, all this week, I have been meeting with childcare, working on getting government help to cover it, meeting with my advisor to plan my schedule, filling out financial aid forms, etc. Now, today, the place I applied to for the job called and offered me a position.
I explained to her my position and she did point out to me once again that they help to pay with tuition if you have been with them for awhile. She also pointed out that they work with students and their schedules so that would not be a concern. The concern though is that I would actually be paying more out for childcare than what I would be making because they kids would be in it for about 55 hours a week. I also would never ever see the kids and I know my grades would suffer.
After talking it over with Bryan, we decided to wait until Monday to make a final decision, but frankly I think we already have it figured out. We don't even HAVE childcare figured out for the job and would only have a few days to do so. On top of that, it just doesn't work financially. If I can get a waitressing job a couple nights a week, preferrably around his schedule, then it makes sense for me to work.
Are there any other points you guys think I might be missing? I just don't want to make a mistake here, though I really think I am making the right decision....
BTW, what in the world does this guy mean?