well i'm not a nurse yet, i'll be starting ns in sept. but this is why i'm going into nursing.
1. you want to make a difference in people's lives. you want to help people.
2. you enjoy science, a&p, patho, and all the thing having to do with the human body and beyond
3. you want to be challenged and learn new things everyday.
4. you want to have a meaningful role in society, even if not all realize this, you will know this.
5. you get to play with all kinds of interesting gadgets and machines.
6. the pay is decent, and if you have benefits they're decent too. (this varies by geo.loc., but more or less, it's decent)
7. you can have flexible schedules/vacations. (yes, however, you will have to work some wknds/holidays)
8. there are so many specialties that if you ever get bored or tired of one you can switch.
9. you can advance a lot, you can get more education and become a clinical nurse specialist, nurse educator, crna (in us), np or just very specialized in one particular specialty.
10. you get to work in comfy shoes and comfy uniforms! yay!
11. you get to be part of people's most difficult or happiest times, most intimate times, you will be there.
...and the list goes on and on. i'm sure each nurse/student will have a bunch of things to add to it...
i love this poem, i have it on my wall
[font=verdana, arial, georgia, sans-serif]being a
[font=verdana, arial, georgia, sans-serif] nurse
[font=verdana, arial, georgia, sans-serif] means...
[font=verdana, arial, georgia, sans-serif] you will never be bored.
you will always be frustrated.
you will be surrounded by challenges.
so much to do and so little time.
you will carry immense responsibility
and very little authority.
you will step into people's lives
and you will make a difference.
some will bless you.
some will curse you.
you will see people at their worst...
and at their best.
you will never cease to be amazed
at people's capacity for
love, courage, and endurance.
you will see life begin...and end.
you will experience resounding triumphs
and devastating failures.
you will cry a lot.
you will laugh a lot.
you will know what it is to be human
and to be humane.