How to file complaint against a BON?

  1. Hi,

    I posted this already in the IL forum as I'm referring to the IL BON but I thought I'd post here as well to see if anyone has any suggestions? I'm writing a formal complaint letter against the IL BON and was wondering if anyone knows who to direct it to? Is there any sort of national regulation? I tried the NCSBN site but didn't see any contacts there.

  2. Visit lizzyd profile page

    About lizzyd

    Joined: Aug '06; Posts: 17


  3. by   ZASHAGALKA
    Theoretically, the Board in most states are legislative created bodies governed and appointed by the State's executive.

    That means, their bosses in the chain of command are your Gov and your legislators.

    So, if you want to complain, I'd recommend your State legislators.

  4. by   Multicollinearity
    If the complaint is regarding legal action taken by the BON, then I'd write to the Attorney General. If the complaint is policy related then I'd write to the legislature (speakers of the senate and house) and your governor. Depending on the issue you may wish to write to the AG, governor and the leaders of the legislature (all of them).

    As Timothy said, it is a State issue. So there is no Federal oversight for state matters such as states' professional boards.
    Last edit by Multicollinearity on Nov 19, '06